Habbi

Default Online supplies, oar locks, cleats, oars, hardware and the like

www.mermaidmarine.com
www.stright-mackay.com

"B Walker" wrote in message
I'm wondering what online 'shops' folks use? I previously lived pretty
close to a couple of good chandleries so never needed to mail order.

tia

--
DoD# 2223, OFCC #3122
Meum scapha volitare plenum anguillae

Darlaaz

www.GLEN-L.com in their "boatbuilding Supplies" section

Stephen Baker

schemer561 says:

I have been very satisfied with Jamestown Distributors.

So have I, but I was _more_ satisfied when they really _were_ in Jamestown, and
I could just walk down there if I needed to. Now it costs me $2 in bridge
tokens, and the building's not the same, and I'm going to go and cry in my beer
now...... ;-(

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm
Glenn Ashmore

There is only ONE place to buy traditional oars: Shaw and Tenney
http://www.shawandtenney.com/ not cheap but works of art for an
excelent price. I have a set for the dinghy and a set over the mantle.

B Walker wrote:
I'm wondering what online 'shops' folks use? I previously lived pretty
close to a couple of good chandleries so never needed to mail order.

tia

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

GJ Walsh

www.hamiltonmarine.com

Backyard Renegade

Glenn Ashmore wrote in message ...
There is only ONE place to buy traditional oars: Shaw and Tenney
http://www.shawandtenney.com/ not cheap but works of art for an
excelent price. I have a set for the dinghy and a set over the mantle.

Amen! Scotty
Jim Conlin

Warning! OT
Shaw &Tenney is at the bottom of Mill St. in Orono, ME. Further up Mill St.
was, in the sixties, a tavern, called the Shamrock Grill. There, one could
get a 7 oz. PBR or Schlitz for $.15, a pckled egg for $.25 or a plate of
steamers for $1.00 (Fridays only). Life was good.

B Walker wrote:
I'm wondering what online 'shops' folks use? I previously lived pretty
close to a couple of good chandleries so never needed to mail order.

tia

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Bray Haven

I buy quite a bit of hardware, fasteners etc from Jamestown distributors and
occasionally Southern Crown boatworks.
Greg Sefton