BoatBanter.com

-   -   Seeking Book Reccomendations (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/5723-re-seeking-book-reccomendations.html)

James W. Sloan July 1st 03 03:54 AM

Seeking Book Reccomendations

Check Ebay or elsewhere for Boat Carpentry by Hervey Garrett Smith.

This a very good book on skills, materials, and tools for working with wood
and fibergalss. Although its a bit dated (mine's a 1965 edition), the
content is excellent.

WestlakeY July 1st 03 04:02 AM

Seeking Book Reccomendations

What Shape is She In? by Allan H. Vaitses. I got it a long time ago from the
folks at International
Marine Pub. Co Camden, Maine 04843 Good luck!

Karin Conover-Lewis July 1st 03 06:08 AM

Seeking Book Reccomendations

That's the one. Excellent book, full of anecdotal stories and a great dry
humour. "Grump" lives up to his name. ;-)

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
klc dot lewis at gte dot net