BoatBanter.com

-   -   anybody building A-class cat? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/48981-anybody-building-class-cat.html)

mac September 27th 05 10:38 PM

anybody building A-class cat?

any epoxymorons* building an A-class cat? who's plans? what materials?
anybody got a handle on carbon fiber?

*just joking

Terry Spragg September 28th 05 01:00 AM

mac wrote:
any epoxymorons* building an A-class cat? who's plans? what materials?
anybody got a handle on carbon fiber?

*just joking

Wassa "class A?"

Terry K

DSK September 28th 05 02:38 AM

mac wrote:
any epoxymorons* building an A-class cat? who's plans? what materials?
anybody got a handle on carbon fiber?
*just joking

Terry Spragg wrote:
Wassa "class A?"

Wunna Dese
http://www.a-cat.org/id3.htm

DSK

Jim Conlin September 28th 05 05:46 AM

And not a speck of lauan, PU glue or tyvek!

"DSK" wrote in message
mac wrote:
any epoxymorons* building an A-class cat? who's plans? what materials?
anybody got a handle on carbon fiber?
*just joking

Terry Spragg wrote:
Wassa "class A?"

Wunna Dese
http://www.a-cat.org/id3.htm

DSK

SchöönMartin September 28th 05 07:50 AM

DSK writes:

mac wrote:
any epoxymorons* building an A-class cat? who's plans? what materials?
anybody got a handle on carbon fiber?
*just joking

Terry Spragg wrote:
Wassa "class A?"

Wunna Dese
http://www.a-cat.org/id3.htm

DSK

Nothing but carbon he
http://www.acat.vallagruppen.com/

Martin Schöön

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back"
Piet Hein

DSK September 28th 05 01:21 PM

Schöön Martin wrote:
Nothing but carbon he
http://www.acat.vallagruppen.com/

YEEE-HAW!
The 'wild thing' video made my day... possibly my week. Thanks for the link!

Now, maybe for the US suburban home builder club, the Int'l A-Cat class
will consider a hard chine PU/melamine/Tyvek category? With Sched-80 PVC
crossbeams!

DSK

mac September 28th 05 08:52 PM

In article ,
(Schöön Martin) wrote:

Terry Spragg wrote:
Wassa "class A?"

Wunna Dese
http://www.a-cat.org/id3.htm

DSK

Nothing but carbon he
http://www.acat.vallagruppen.com/

thanks for the video link. good stuff. the one with the gps overlay was
interesting, watch the kts.(speed) wow!

SchöönMartin September 29th 05 11:24 AM

mac writes:

any epoxymorons* building an A-class cat? who's plans? what materials?
anybody got a handle on carbon fiber?

*just joking

Gougeon brothers of West epoxy fame used to sell plans for a
tortured plywood A-cat. My brother built one back in the mid-80s.

mac September 29th 05 06:20 PM

In article ,
(Schöön Martin) wrote:

mac writes:

any epoxymorons* building an A-class cat? who's plans? what materials?
anybody got a handle on carbon fiber?

*just joking

Gougeon brothers of West epoxy fame used to sell plans for a
tortured plywood A-cat. My brother built one back in the mid-80s.

those were plans by old Acat racer John Lindahl from Michigan. some guys
in the club here built one and rigged it to race in 18sq.meter class.
fastest boat in the club. torturing plywood sure is fun!

Martin Schöön October 1st 05 09:19 AM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:52:34 +0000, mac wrote:

Nothing but carbon he
http://www.acat.vallagruppen.com/

thanks for the video link. good stuff. the one with the gps overlay was
interesting, watch the kts.(speed) wow!

Analysis of the GPS track shows a down-wind VMG of some 14 knots!

/Martin