Gary G

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:00:05 GMT, Damian James
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:36:06 -0400, Skip Gundlach said:
To recap the original, the AP and Bridge were Senao 200mw 2611 deluxe units,
connected via cat5, both 12V. Not elucidated, I don't think(recall), was
the AP had a (5+dBi) rubber duck to see me (and any others who looked with
their wifi setup) and the bridge had an 8.5dBi stick to see and talk to
places far away. Never got to talk to each other on the bench, let alone up
the mast. Always a conflict whenever I connected the two together,
regardless of the IP configuration(s) used.

Just a thought: you've got the orientation right with the cat5?
Connecting two hubs/switches together requires that either
1) one or both network devices has the capability to
auto-detect the orientation of the cable; or
2) you use a crossover cable.

This is also required connecting two computers without a hub/switch.
Crossover cables will have pins 1 and 2 switched with pins 3 and 6.
That would be:

w/g g w/o bl w/bl o w/br br

on one end, and:

w/o o w/g bl w/bl g w/br br

at the other end.

I'm reluctant to mention it because probably you've got this part
sorted out. But it's certainly a show-stopper if you haven't.

If this is ot hte issue, then what exactly do you mean by "conflict"?
You mentioned messages of some kind?

--Damian

Interesting thread. What are you actually trying to achieve?
what is your end goal? You have 802.11b/g to deal with. If you have
either of these, you need a match on shore. What do you have on shore
and what do you have on your PC?

If you are talking about CAT5, you don't have wireless.

Gary Gaugler, Ph.D.
Microtechnics, Inc.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
916.791.8191