Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Daniel

Default keel bolts

I recently hauled my boat and after few days I noticed allarming
coloured streaks oozing out of the thin crack (very thin and of little
concern by itself) between the keel and the hull.
The colour of the streaks is green-blueish, something that suggests
copper sulfate, and sort of shiny that suggests micro-cristals.

According to the boat makers the keel bolts are AISI 316 SS and the keel
is of lead.
The boat was made in 1978.

Do you have any suggestion? Do I have to drop the keel and check the
bolts? I would rather avoid it, if not really necessary.

Thank you
Daniel

Rebedding keel & backing up bolts [email protected] Boat Building 2 November 18th 04 06:08 AM
keel bolts nuts marklan General 1 July 19th 04 08:24 AM
'1978 25' hunter replace keel bolts James O'Brien Cruising 1 July 7th 04 02:56 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
Leaking Keel Bolts? Rob General 5 November 5th 03 05:39 AM