Williams, Jeffrey

Default Portland, OR lumber sources

I looking for recommendations as to the best sources of boat building
wood and marine grade ply in the Portland Oregon Metro area.
Rick

Williams, Jeffrey wrote:
I looking for recommendations as to the best sources of boat building
wood and marine grade ply in the Portland Oregon Metro area.

check the yellow pages Man.

Rick
Glenn Ashmore

It would be worth your while to take a Friday off and drive up to Edensaw in
Port Townsend,WA. They beat Noahs, Harbor and several other east coast
suppliers even with shipping to Georgia.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Williams, Jeffrey" wrote in message
I looking for recommendations as to the best sources of boat building wood
and marine grade ply in the Portland Oregon Metro area.

Brian D

Talk to Schooner Creek Boatworks in the Jantzen Beach area. They build
million dollar sail boats and run up to Edensaw on a regular basis. I had
them pick up my wood for me (see http://www.reelboats.com ). They charged
me the same price as Edensaw and did NOT charge shipping (since it just
added to their regular load ...they were driving up their anyway.)

Also, look up Cross-Cut Hardwoods. They carry a selection too.

Vancouver Plywood across the river used to sell marine fir plywood, but it's
been years since I've checked in with them.

Note also that if you arrange it with Edensaw, they'll send a wood shipment
from their main warehouse in Port Townsend down to the Kent location
....that'll save you hours of driving and I don't believe they'll charge for
that either. They drive back and forth all the time.

Hope that helps,

Brian D

"Williams, Jeffrey" wrote in message
I looking for recommendations as to the best sources of boat building wood
and marine grade ply in the Portland Oregon Metro area.

Steve

I'm also recommending Edensaw. The also deliver in the Seattle and Puget
Sound area and my even deliver in the Portland area.

Great people with good products and prices.

--
My experience and opinion, FWIW