Chris

Default Cockpit draining slow any suggestions?

My cockpit lockers are connected with reinforced hose to the cockpit
drains also reinforced hose down to sea cocks of bronze.
The lockers are draining slowly years of small particle's I assume
building up in the hose. I've flushed with hose from the dock lots of
pressure but still slow going. Some say Muriatic acid any suggestions
out there

Lew Hodgett

Chris wrote:
My cockpit lockers are connected with reinforced hose to the cockpit
drains also reinforced hose down to sea cocks of bronze.
The lockers are draining slowly years of small particle's I assume
building up in the hose. I've flushed with hose from the dock lots of
pressure but still slow going. Some say Muriatic acid any suggestions
out there

You may have sea creatures that have taken up residence.

If you have a straight shot, you may be able to "rod" out the hose and
sea cock using a ping pong ball shaped end so you don't damage the hose.

If not, probably have to remove the hoses and clean out or even replace
them.

Don't be surprised if the blockage is between the sea cock and the water.

If so, remove hose, open sea cock, "rod" out as quickly as possible
before again closing sea cock.

Pump bilges, have cold beer, you will have earned it.

HTH

BTW, forget the acid.

Lew