MarshallE

Default Boat AC and Heat

Hi,

I want to add AC/Heat to my boat. (1942 80 ft. long) Previously it had
motor home style units installed in ceiling.

Is this the best way to go?

I get opinions from home style AC mounted to cabin roof, motor home style to
marine AC with water exchanger.

What advice do you have? I am leaning towards the marine style and if I
choose this approach then I will have a second question...one large unit or
several small units?

thanks,

Marshall

Jim

Last year I read where someone from Seattle refereed to a "Pick-a-watt"
unit as something that everyone knows is the first choice of basic heat
.. . . I had not heard of it before.

So I ordered one from Boat Electric. I could not be happier with it.

MarshallE wrote:
Hi,

I want to add AC/Heat to my boat. (1942 80 ft. long) Previously it had
motor home style units installed in ceiling.

Is this the best way to go?

I get opinions from home style AC mounted to cabin roof, motor home style to
marine AC with water exchanger.

What advice do you have? I am leaning towards the marine style and if I
choose this approach then I will have a second question...one large unit or
several small units?

thanks,

Marshall

Steve Lusardi

A marine unit is more efficient because of the water cooled condenser, But
because it is marine, it is more costly. A larger unit is more efficient
than several small ones. A single unit will require more labor to install
and hence, be more expensive.
Steve

"MarshallE" wrote in message
. com...
Hi,

I want to add AC/Heat to my boat. (1942 80 ft. long) Previously it had
motor home style units installed in ceiling.

Is this the best way to go?

I get opinions from home style AC mounted to cabin roof, motor home style
marine AC with water exchanger.

What advice do you have? I am leaning towards the marine style and if I
choose this approach then I will have a second question...one large unit
or
several small units?

thanks,

Marshall

Roger Derby

And if one of several small units fails, it's cheaper to replace and you
have a cool place to go while waiting for delivery.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm