BoatBanter.com

-   -   Some questions about Grand Banks 32 design ? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/29818-some-questions-about-grand-banks-32-design.html)

nospam April 1st 05 12:53 PM

Some questions about Grand Banks 32 design ?

Hello ...

Can someone give me an approximation of the beam at waterline , prismatic &
bloc coefficient of the GB 32 ?
And also the height of the cockpit / cabin sole above waterline. (I find te
cockpit rather low and big for a seaworthy boat).

Since production of this boat stopped fifteen years ago and it has been sold
in the thousand, figures should not be too secret.

Thanks for answers.

Everett April 4th 05 01:03 AM

I suggest you visit the Grand Banks Forum hosted by Oxford Yacht Agency at
http://www.oxfordyachtagency.com/ubb/ It's a great source for almost any
information about these great oldies. Search doesn't find anything, but if
you post your question I bet you'll get an authorative answer.

In my humble opinion, the GB 32 is not a "seaworthy" boat in sense of going
offshore in any conditions. It's very much a coastal cruiser and most
appropriate for that purpose; able to stand up to more than I can!!

Everett
GB-32 #145 (1970)
Long Beach, CA

&