Dorian

Default Atkin

Do you know this site? www.boat-links.com/Atkinco What can I think on it?
Dorian

I think the Atkins family runs it. The guy who runs this group below
helped set it up. Join it if you're interested. You can access the
plans site from there also. Sam

Sal's Dad

There are some remarkable designs there; many specifically for the
home-builder. Some are visionary designs, far ahead of their (or our!)
time.

Of particular interest to me are the tunnel-stern "Seabright" power boats -
low horsepower, fast, shallow draft. I am familiar with a recently built 35'
"River Belle" which outperforms all expectations. The smaller ones should
make great utility boats.

To quote Robb White on his "Rescue Minor":

It is twenty feet long and 76" wide. It is strip built out of tulip poplar
and is powered by a three cylinder Kubota Diesel tractor engine rated at 20
hp. It will run 20 knots in six inches of water and gets about 28.6 nautical
miles per gallon of Diesel fuel running at its most economical speed of 10.5
knots. (http://www.robbwhite.com/rescue.minor.html)

for photos: http://members.ij.net/wctss/wctss/cedar2.htm about 2/3 down the
page...

Sal's Dad