Ed

Default antiskid coating?

I am doing some extensive repairs to a twenty-five year old fiberglass/balsa
core cabin top, I would like to use that "putty" colored antiskid stuff.
I've forgotten who makes it (it's a paint treatment) interlux? It has the
right aggressiveness.

Ed

Chris Newport

Ed wrote:
I am doing some extensive repairs to a twenty-five year old fiberglass/balsa
core cabin top, I would like to use that "putty" colored antiskid stuff.
I've forgotten who makes it (it's a paint treatment) interlux? It has the
right aggressiveness.

Save yourself a lot of money, just stir a handfull of CLEAN DRY sand
into each litre of whatever gloss paint you would normally use.

chuck

Take a look at this stuff.

http://www.nonslipcoating.com/

Paul Oman

Jonathan wrote:

Chris Newport wrote:

Ed wrote:

I am doing some extensive repairs to a twenty-five year old
fiberglass/balsa
core cabin top, I would like to use that "putty" colored antiskid stuff.
I've forgotten who makes it (it's a paint treatment) interlux? It has the
right aggressiveness.

Save yourself a lot of money, just stir a handfull of CLEAN DRY sand
into each litre of whatever gloss paint you would normally use.

or ground pumice

---------

NO - don't use sand on a boat! You cannot sand it off 5 years from now

use ground walnut shell or ground rubber grit
Available at the better epoxy suppliers

paul oman
progressive epoxy polymers
www.epoxyproducts.com/marine.html

--

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include
a free trip around the Sun every year."