Fernando

Default Flowmeter

I need to buy sensor (turbine) to build meter of liquid flow.
Does anybody know any link?

--
Fernando Carvalho
www.fernandocarvalho.cjb.net

Glenn Ashmore

"Fernando" wrote.

I need to buy sensor (turbine) to build meter of liquid flow.
Does anybody know any link?

Funny you should ask. I just picked up a batch of 8 flow transducers on
eBay last week. Only needed one but had to buy the lot. They are GEM RFO
Rotoflow transducers that measure from .1 to 1 or .5 to 5 GPM. Built a
little circuit around an LM2917 frequency to voltage converter and wired it
to a cheapo LED panel meter. It is accurate to about 5%. Now I can read
the watermaker output from the cockpit.

These things usually sell for about $100 each but now that I have extras I
am thinking about other things I could use them for. First on the list is a
totalizing meter for the fuel transfer system so I can keep track of how
much has gone into the day tank or on the fresh water system to track
consumption. . They are compatable with diesel but I still need to check
on fire resistance. Also I may hook one into the crew's head for an
excessive showering alarm. :-)

If anybody wants one, speak now because I am about to put the rest on eBay.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com