Courtney Thomas

Default anyone using ACRYLIC LATEX EXTERIOR paint for topsides, deck, etc. ?

How is/was it ?

Any application caveats ?

Thanks.
--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II

Dave W

Hello Courtney,
I knew a fellow that used latex house paint on his wooden catboat. It
always looked fresh and could be touched-up at a moment's notice. I would
think it a little too soft for use on the deck, but I have never tried it.
Dave

Terry King

Take a look at:
http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/davecar...ticles.html#A1

for a detailed discussion of how good low-cost paints can be.
Dave is a chemical engineer with many years of boat building experience.
As he says:

WARNING: This article contains material that may be offensive if you
think painting is more fun than boating...

--
Regards, Terry King ...On the Mediterranean in Carthage

Brian Whatcott

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:57:05 +0100, Terry King
wrote:

Take a look at:
http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/davecar...ticles.html#A1

for a detailed discussion of how good low-cost paints can be.
Dave is a chemical engineer with many years of boat building experience.
As he says:

WARNING: This article contains material that may be offensive if you
think painting is more fun than boating...

Now THAT'S a useful URL about 100% Latex.
It deserves to be aired out, every year or two...
Thanks

Brian W
Paolo Zini

Take a look at:
http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/davecar...ticles.html#A1

This page is a source of viruses or I am wrong?

Paolo

Paul Oman

Dave W wrote:

Hello Courtney,
I knew a fellow that used latex house paint on his wooden catboat. It
always looked fresh and could be touched-up at a moment's notice. I would
think it a little too soft for use on the deck, but I have never tried it.
Dave

used it for years on the deck of my 25 ft sailboat in Galveston Bay. Has the
nice flat no gloss finish, could fix and touch up years after application with
almost no visible color difference. Deck was non skid so 'wear' was only on
top of grit thus most of the deck paint never had actual contact. Anyway, it
worked great, even in the cockpit.

paul oman

--

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include
a free trip around the Sun every year."

I used porch and floor latex inside fiberglass canoes and jonboats I
used to make and never had any problems.
Sam

Auerbach

The "virus" indication you are seeing may simply be a message that a popup
or ad cookie pushed by Angelfire was detected and blocked by your computer.
I wouldn't worry about it.

.. .