Radman

Default 1985 Renkin 19ft Bowrider with 3.8L OMC engine and out drive.

Hello all, I have a 1985 19ft Renkin Boat with the OMC 3.8L v6 engine
and outdrive. I am trying to find out who manufactures the engine. IE:
Chevrolet or Oldsmobile? I need to buy cap and rotor, plugs, plug wires
and freeze plugs and I can't do this until I figure out who
manufactured the engine. I been looking a lot on the Deja groups and
found a few topics, I am thinking that it was made by Chevrolet/GMC but
just want to be sure. Any help you guys can provide me would be
greatlly appriciated. Also would be helpful to figure out which
outdrive I have as well.

Thanks, Radman....

bowgus

I have an '83 MCM 185 (V-6) 3.8 litre mercruiser (GM) ... it's an odd fire
(check the distributor cam ... sharp lobe, round lobe, ... ) with a 4bbl ...
does that sound close? If so, the Seloc Mercruiser Stern Drives 1964-91
Repair Manual #3200 should tell you all you need to know.

oups.com...