Skip Gundlach

Default Glacier Bay Reefer Systems (was) First boat refit trip and start of the casting-off process

Hi, Bryan, and group,

"Bryan" wrote in message
If you are going to have GB Fridge you might want to re-consider keeping
the generator.

Speeking form experience.

Please expand on your Glacier Bay comments. I've seen many correspondences
which have said that reefers run quite happily on solar alone when someone
forgets to disconnect the panels and the reefer while away, and some folks
who have done considerable research (with nothing to sell) have told me that
GB, while taking momentary large loads, is quite manageable if you have the
battery capacity (which I believe we should, with 800-1300AH).

Thanks.

L8R

Skip and Lydia

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Skip Gundlach

Never heard back from you about your experience. Having just come from a
seminar by Richard Kollman, and looked at a variety of options, I'm still
very much interested to know what you think I'm facing negative about having
taken out my genset...

L8R

Skip (and Lydia, by proxy)

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
"Skip Gundlach" skip sez make this all one word with my last name next to
my first gundlach@adelphia dot fish catcher net (sorry bout the spamtrap!)
wrote in message ...
Hi, Bryan, and group,