Glenn Ashmore

Default Less Expensive Stainless Drawer Slides

Thought I would pass this along for any of you considering full extention
drawer slides. Rutu has 4 larger drawers under the bunks. I had wanted to
use slides because opening large heavy drawers that might be swolen can be a
real problem but had given up on the idea because Sugatsune wants $160 a
pair. I just received 4 sets of 22" KV 6400 full extention slides made of
304 stainless and rated for 75 lbs. Price was $51 a set. They are actually
a little more substantial than the Sugatsune and a hair thinner. They come
in 16", 18", 20" and 22" lengths.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Stephen Baker

Jim says:

Please share with us the detail for latching them.

Well, I don't have Glenn's latching idea, but here's an idea to make the
drawers lighter - use the steel slides, but fastened only to the top of the
drawer-front. The drawer itself is merely a mesh shape suspended from the
slides and a bar across the back. From outside, you see the traditional
drawerfront, from inside, you have a super-light, well ventilated holding area.

;-)

Steve
Glenn Ashmore

The pulls will be ABI 330011 recessed hatch lifts with latches. Two per
drawer. Originally I was going to use round push/pop up latches but I have
several extra of these ABI latches left over from the sole hatches. They
are a lot more secure and look real "shippy." :-) Also the push/pop up
latches cost almost twice as much as the ABI latches.

BTW, I found the KV slides at:
http://www.hardwarefriends.com/cgi-b...KV:6400P-18-SS

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

Thought I would pass this along for any of you considering full

extention
drawer slides. Rutu has 4 larger drawers under the bunks. I had wanted

use slides because opening large heavy drawers that might be swolen can

be a
real problem but had given up on the idea because Sugatsune wants $160 a
pair. I just received 4 sets of 22" KV 6400 full extention slides made

of
304 stainless and rated for 75 lbs. Price was $51 a set. They are

actually
a little more substantial than the Sugatsune and a hair thinner. They

come
in 16", 18", 20" and 22" lengths.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Glenn Ashmore

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Well, I don't have Glenn's latching idea, but here's an idea to make the
drawers lighter - use the steel slides, but fastened only to the top of

the
drawer-front. The drawer itself is merely a mesh shape suspended from the
slides and a bar across the back. From outside, you see the traditional
drawerfront, from inside, you have a super-light, well ventilated holding

area.

Actually I did that in the Galley. Built a produce storage drawer at the
bottom of the cabinet with 1/4" stainless mesh bottom and back so the
veggies get good ventelation. It will be a couple of years before I can
report on how well it works though.

Wayne.B

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:34:08 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

It will be a couple of years before I can
report on how well it works though.

====================================

Get back to work Glenn. We are all eagerly awaiting the completion of
that boat.

Stephen Baker

Wayne B says:

Get back to work Glenn.

Good idea ;-)

We are all eagerly awaiting the completion of
that boat.

Now, Wayne... We all know that when it is launched, it will merely be entering
the 50-year "sea trial" part of its building. Boats are never "completed"

Steve

Stainless steel props RGrew176 General 0 August 25th 04 01:43 AM
FS: Stainless Steel Manufacturing in South Africa [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 24th 04 02:35 PM
FS: Stainless Steel Manufacturing in South Africa [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 8th 04 12:14 PM
Stainless steel running gear kim Boat Building 6 October 22nd 03 12:01 PM
Just what is "All Stainless"?? Brian Whatcott Boat Building 11 August 20th 03 02:14 PM