Parallax

Default twopaw-9

The TWO-PAW-9 (a nesting dinghy) from B&B seems to be going well so
far with a couple of minor problems.

1. Its a lot bigger than I expected. I had thought my old Nautilus 8
was really 8' but this thing is big by comparison. It is still a lot
lighter than the Nautilus and will nest in less space than the
Nautilus covered.

2. Things just never seem to fit right for me but I somehow make do.
I am incapable of cutting anything accurately.

3. For some reason, I assumed marine plywood would not warp, it does,
I'll make do.

I am still not sure I like the stitch and glue method but will see how
it goes over the next few days. This boat building thing is
addictive.

Parallax

Parallax wrote:

The TWO-PAW-9 (a nesting dinghy) from B&B seems to be going well so
far with a couple of minor problems.

1. Its a lot bigger than I expected. I had thought my old Nautilus 8
was really 8' but this thing is big by comparison. It is still a lot
lighter than the Nautilus and will nest in less space than the
Nautilus covered.

2. Things just never seem to fit right for me but I somehow make do.
I am incapable of cutting anything accurately.

3. For some reason, I assumed marine plywood would not warp, it does,
I'll make do.

I am still not sure I like the stitch and glue method but will see how
it goes over the next few days. This boat building thing is
addictive.

Just a SMALL miscalculation. I finally got my Ivan damaged Nautilus 8
dinghy home and measured its real length, it is 7'4". By contrast,
the Two-Paw-9 is really 9'. I thought the Two-Paw looked huge.
Glenn Ashmore

"Parallax" wrote in message

Just a SMALL miscalculation. I finally got my Ivan damaged Nautilus 8
dinghy home and measured its real length, it is 7'4". By contrast,
the Two-Paw-9 is really 9'. I thought the Two-Paw looked huge.

Caught by the rule of Cubes again! 25% longer with the same proportions
means 85% more volume.

Brian Whatcott

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:45:15 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

"Parallax" wrote in message

Just a SMALL miscalculation. I finally got my Ivan damaged Nautilus 8
dinghy home and measured its real length, it is 7'4". By contrast,
the Two-Paw-9 is really 9'. I thought the Two-Paw looked huge.

Caught by the rule of Cubes again! 25% longer with the same proportions
means 85% more volume.

1.25^3 = 1.95

Brian W