Morgan Ohlson

Default Difficult: Existing 10m2 (115sqft) rig alternatives, please!

Difficult: Existing 10m2 (115sqft) rig alternatives, please!

I'm looking for a sail design to adopt for a 17ft open camping cruiser.
Total area should be 9-11m2 (or 100-125sqft)

Bermuda sloop (loose or fix foot)
Gunter + jib
Gaff (high ratio) + jib

Jib in all cases should be self turning.

*** Demands ***
Price worthy, cruiser style (not racing)
Up to date (still not racing)
Seaworthy
Easy to handle
Unstayed mast
Ratio...hmmm probably 3 ¡V 4

Morgan
Jelle

Morgan Ohlson wrote:

Difficult: Existing 10m2 (115sqft) rig alternatives, please!

I'm looking for a sail design to adopt for a 17ft open camping cruiser.
Total area should be 9-11m2 (or 100-125sqft)

Bermuda sloop (loose or fix foot)
Gunter + jib
Gaff (high ratio) + jib

Jib in all cases should be self turning.

Balanced lug with a high reaching gaff. No problem with unstayed masts. If
you pull it too hard the mast bends resulting in more twist and less
heeling force.

--
vriendelijke groeten/kind regards,

Jelle