Classic & Vintage Racing Dinghy Assoc

Default Withdrawal of Blakes Single Pack Polyurethane and WoodSeal

I have just noticed that now that Blakes have been bought up by Hempel
they have withdrawn both their single pack poly varnish and their
primer Woodseal.

Personally I think this is a travesty as I have over the years used
gallons of the stuff....but I wondered if anybody had heard any reason
for this. I find it hard to believe that it was due to them being
unpopular lines.

Has anybody tried the new varnishes?

Is there any varnish in the new range which offers anywhere near the
same level of 'hardness' and ease of application that the two
withdrawn varnishes did?

cheers

eib

Classic and Vintage Racing Dinghy Association
http://www.cvrda.org/