Dan

Default Source for Teak Plywood in the Great Lakes Area?

Any Ideas?
Looking for 1/2" A-A.
I found some A-B grade.
What does B grade teak look like?
Thanks
Dan
Jeremy

Dan wrote:

Any Ideas?
Looking for 1/2" A-A.
I found some A-B grade.
What does B grade teak look like?
Thanks
Dan

B-grade teak tends to have voids and be from younger trees, very often
farmed in Central America.

A-grade teak involves raping the rain forests in Asia until we have
mature trees in the farms.

I have about 5,000 board feet of 30 year teak from Costa Rica, all 4/4"
rough sawn, but with the b-grade label, nobody wants it at the price it
cost.
JJ

Jeremy

Nicholas B wrote:

leave the rainforests alone... you can sail without shagging up the planet
!!!

my two penneth

Maybe I did not make it clear enough. All my teak is from renewable
resources, mainly teak farms in Central America. The only time I touch
old growth is if it is already isolated in a field full of cows and
falls over in a storm.

JJ