Phil

Default Interior Design of a Viking 23

Hello Everyone

Well we've got the electrics sorted out on our Viking 23 narrow beam and now
we are looking at the interior. The previous owner covered most of the sides
and roof with a thick plastic wallpaper type of covering. I intend to renew
the roof with tongue and groove. Has anyone got pictures or know of a web
site that shows how things are finished off inside.

We particularly want to know how the underside of the gunwale is covered. At
the moment it has badly joined plastic wallpaper and long bolts protruding
from it (the handrail on the outside).

Many Thanks

Philip & Joan

MonteP

"Phil" wrote in
:

Hello Everyone

Well we've got the electrics sorted out on our Viking 23 narrow beam
and now we are looking at the interior. The previous owner covered
most of the sides and roof with a thick plastic wallpaper type of
covering. I intend to renew the roof with tongue and groove. Has
anyone got pictures or know of a web site that shows how things are
finished off inside.

We particularly want to know how the underside of the gunwale is
covered. At the moment it has badly joined plastic wallpaper and long
bolts protruding from it (the handrail on the outside).

Many Thanks

Philip & Joan

I do not believe you'll want to use tongue & groove in your boat. When
wood absorbs any moisture it swells. T&G, because of its nature has no
direction to swell so buckles instead. The point is you use a lap joint
with a small gap; then when the inevitable moisture gets in the wood it
swells at the ends and not the middle. This taken from a rather long
background in such endeavors.grin

--
-=The answer is simple...send pretzels to the Whitehouse!=-
MonteP