BoatBanter.com

-   -   Antique boat kit still in boxes (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/21991-antique-boat-kit-still-boxes.html)

TOLYN10 August 26th 04 07:54 AM

Antique boat kit still in boxes

My son was helping someone move and clean out a garage. among the things he
was to throw away was a curious set of boxed parts that includes a steering
wheel and short colum (cool looking red and white with chrome), cable and
pulley sets, a two stick control and spiraled rods in cardboard tubes.

I assume this is some kind of boat building kit that was never used. The only
date we can find on any of the boxes is a shipping label from 1959. We will
never use this stuff and he would love to sell it. Anyone intrested ?

Jonathan August 26th 04 02:02 PM

TOLYN10 wrote:
My son was helping someone move and clean out a garage. among the things he
was to throw away was a curious set of boxed parts that includes a steering
wheel and short colum (cool looking red and white with chrome), cable and
pulley sets, a two stick control and spiraled rods in cardboard tubes.

I assume this is some kind of boat building kit that was never used. The only
date we can find on any of the boxes is a shipping label from 1959. We will
never use this stuff and he would love to sell it. Anyone intrested ?

Take a bunch of pictures and put it up on the boating section of
E-Bay...odds are someone will want them, and "the market" will determine
the price.The wheel, and the controls, too, for that matter, in
particular will appeal to someone doing a 50"s restoration.

Does the shipping label tell where it came from?

Jonathan

--
I am building a Dudley Dix, Argie 10, for my daughter. Check it out:
http://home.comcast.net/~jonsailr

TOLYN10 August 27th 04 06:39 AM

As I recall the shipping label is only partialy intact. Thanks for the
info. I will post a better description and possibly some photos this weekend.

Does the shipping label tell where it came from?