Tony Abbott

Default Window Channel Replacement

Does anyone have a good source for window channel replacements?

Keith

Yea, CR Laurence has everything related to glass and windows. Their run
channels are at:
http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPag...::4421 ::4421
That's a long URL, so you may have to cut and paste. They may not sell
direct, but they will give you the contact information for local folks
around you who can get it for you. Good luck!

--

Keith
__
"Tony Abbott" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone have a good source for window channel replacements?

scott downey

I am not suggesting this but I created new vinyl inserts for my existing
window channels. My windows are sliding type in a double channel
I stripped out the old rotten material and was left with shiny SS frames
I then bought a white piece of vinyl siding from Lowes and cut it into
strips on the table saw using a friction blade..

Used a heat gun to soften the vinyl over a wooden 1/4 inch form and a short
section of window channel pressed on it hot to form the shape. The vinyl
softens and when cooled ddown maintains the shape.
Then placed them in the metal channels and ran them thru the saw to clean
up the inserts.
The windows slide nicely and the stuff is not going to rot.
It looks nicer and is a lot cheaper but it is a lot of work.
Sereno's marine in FLA sells the stuff for 8$ a foot and I have seen this in
catalogs as well.