WayneC

Default Looking for designs / plans for a basterd canal boat

Looking for a hull design, preferably steel, to cruise canals (Erie,
Champlain, Chesapeake/Delaware) ICW with performance to handle Lake Ontario,
Lake Champlain and short stretches of coast Atlantic. Thinking something in
the 24-25 ft range, 8-8.5' beam (heavy trailerable, 5000# range). Have been
looking at Mr. Gardners' Modified' St. Pierre Dory hull but am open to
suggestions.

Thanks (TIA),
Wayne Cheney

B & L Cornish

I don't think you'll find a better designer than Bruce Roberts for your
needs. Here is an example
http://www.bruceroberts.com/public/H...escription.htm

Have Fun
Brian Cornish

"WayneC" wrote in message
t...
Looking for a hull design, preferably steel, to cruise canals (Erie,
Champlain, Chesapeake/Delaware) ICW with performance to handle Lake

Ontario,
Lake Champlain and short stretches of coast Atlantic. Thinking something

in
the 24-25 ft range, 8-8.5' beam (heavy trailerable, 5000# range). Have

been
looking at Mr. Gardners' Modified' St. Pierre Dory hull but am open to
suggestions.

Thanks (TIA),
Wayne Cheney

WayneC

"B & L Cornish" wrote in message
I don't think you'll find a better designer than Bruce Roberts for your
needs. Here is an example

http://www.bruceroberts.com/public/H...escription.htm

Have Fun
Brian Cornish

Thanks for your reply Brian. I agree, checked with Bruce Roberts first
thing and the last time I did I didn't see what I was looking for. The
Waverunner is to large to trailer. The Longboat would be ideal but is only
available in fiberglass. After your reply I followed your link back to BR's
site for another look around I stumbled over the Coastworker 25 in the 25 ft
x 8 ft planing hull (Trailerable version). This looks like it would fit the
bill or is at least a close approximation. Before ordering the study plans I
would like a little more info (specs and performance) on it and have
requested same from BR but if anyone here has any info on the Coastworker 25
I' appreciate it. Still looking for other designs ideas as well.

Thanks,
WayneC