William R. Watt

Default GRP flat roof question

depending on what you want to use the roof for, you might consider
rubberized asphalt, also called "rubber" and "torched on" roofing. It has
a fibreglass core. I don't know flexible it is, especially in winter. I
don't walk on mine. The local shpping center has it on their two level
parking garage, regular asphalt over the rubber. Not expensive.

"Malcolm H" ) writes:
Please forgive me for posting this to 'boats' newsgroups but I believe my
questions might have been encountered by boat aficionados.

I am thinking of spending quite a lot of money on a new GRP flat roof for my
garage/balcony and would welcome comments, good or bad on this system. A
pal of mine says he has read bad reports of splitting etc - can anybody
confirm or deny this?

Specifically I am intending to place an order with The Flatroof Company
www.flatroof.co.uk for their 'Tuffdeck' system. I would welcome comments
from anyone with experience of this company.

All comments appreciated....

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Jonathan

You would probably do better to ask your question in a construction
based newsgroup such as alt.building.construction , where
you might find people who have used the
material in question in it's specified application. There are a lot of
"new"
ideas "out there". You might want to try an find someone who has used in
the right
application, installed correctly. You don't want to be the guinea pig.

Jonathan

Malcolm H wrote:
Please forgive me for posting this to 'boats' newsgroups but I believe my
questions might have been encountered by boat aficionados.

I am thinking of spending quite a lot of money on a new GRP flat roof for my
garage/balcony and would welcome comments, good or bad on this system. A
pal of mine says he has read bad reports of splitting etc - can anybody
confirm or deny this?

Specifically I am intending to place an order with The Flatroof Company
www.flatroof.co.uk for their 'Tuffdeck' system. I would welcome comments
from anyone with experience of this company.

All comments appreciated....

Old Nick

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:53:10 GMT, "Malcolm H"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I use IE 6. If their product is as good as tyhe site as I see it, I'd
stay away.

Blank blue page, with an ad for the site constructor!

Please forgive me for posting this to 'boats' newsgroups but I believe my
questions might have been encountered by boat aficionados.

I am thinking of spending quite a lot of money on a new GRP flat roof for my
garage/balcony and would welcome comments, good or bad on this system. A
pal of mine says he has read bad reports of splitting etc - can anybody
confirm or deny this?

Specifically I am intending to place an order with The Flatroof Company
www.flatroof.co.uk for their 'Tuffdeck' system. I would welcome comments
from anyone with experience of this company.

All comments appreciated....

It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it
rammed down our throats.
P.C. Ford

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:49:43 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:53:10 GMT, "Malcolm H"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

I use IE 6. If their product is as good as tyhe site as I see it, I'd
stay away.

Blank blue page, with an ad for the site constructor!

The problem most likely is with your computer. The page is almost all
Flash (and nicely done, in my humble opinion) except for the web
designer's name at bottom. Most new computers come with Flash, but
older ones may not have it.

Old Nick

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:29:51 -0700, P.C. Ford
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

AH! OK. Thanks.

They need to detect and say so perhaps. I don't have Flash, and ignore
pages that demand it.

Then again. I ignore the page one way or another I guess G

The problem most likely is with your computer. The page is almost all
Flash (and nicely done, in my humble opinion) except for the web
designer's name at bottom. Most new computers come with Flash, but
older ones may not have it.

It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it
rammed down our throats.
Stephen Baker

PC Ford says:

The problem most likely is with your computer. The page is almost all
Flash (and nicely done, in my humble opinion) except for the web
designer's name at bottom. Most new computers come with Flash, but
older ones may not have it.

Of course, Flash is great if you have broadband, but us dial-up folks just get
to look at tiny fill bars moving veerrrryyyyyy slowly. Boring!

Steve
Roy Prescott

Hi ,

I GRP'd a garage roof about 5 years ago...........
To date it is still perfect...getting ready for a clean but that's all.

I did it myself with materials from Glassplies in southport.....run out a little
bit more than buying normal roof felt.

We spent a rather pleasant day...mixing BUCKETS of resin...made a pleasant
change from teh usual jamjar ful.

I would definetly recommend.

Roy

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:53:10 GMT, "Malcolm H" wrote:

Please forgive me for posting this to 'boats' newsgroups but I believe my
questions might have been encountered by boat aficionados.

I am thinking of spending quite a lot of money on a new GRP flat roof for my
garage/balcony and would welcome comments, good or bad on this system. A
pal of mine says he has read bad reports of splitting etc - can anybody
confirm or deny this?

Specifically I am intending to place an order with The Flatroof Company
www.flatroof.co.uk for their 'Tuffdeck' system. I would welcome comments
from anyone with experience of this company.

All comments appreciated....

Accident Emergency Question [Three part ] Bart Senior ASA 17 July 9th 04 01:16 PM
Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
roof rack question Bob General 1 July 18th 03 03:24 PM