posted to rec.boats.building

Default Very sad day: parting out 1959 40' SeaSkiff, 1969 427's, customrisers, etc.

Job status forces the putting down of one sweet boat. 1959 40' SeaSkiff, engine up grade 1969 to the 427's. All original/stock other than: valve job to accept unleaded, paragons rebuilt, new exhaust, custom copper risers, starters, carter carbs, and westerbeke 6.5, msd,

She's been on the hard for 7 years; but I turn her supports like a piano and rewarded with no potbellying, sagging, none of the old-lady symptoms. Waterline down was surveyed 10yrs ago with zero softness and rivets in spec. I'll be posting photos once I clean her up (sad looking at the moment).

Have 4 kids in college and no job, parting her out to maximize value.

If there's an Angle Investor out there; figure 5-10K to get her looking good and another 5K to redo to bristol.

Any leads on anyone that might want her, or... any leads on parting her out..

Thanks so much.
-Paul