posted to rec.boats.building

Default 3D Boat design software

http://www.3dboatdesign.com/?hop=kckpers

Has anyone here any experience with this software? From the small
screen shots it looks like
it might be the free, student version of DelfShip. If not, I would buy
it, but I don't want to pay
$37.95 for something that anyone can download for free.

Frank

" writes:

http://www.3dboatdesign.com/?hop=kckpers

Has anyone here any experience with this software? From the small
screen shots it looks like
it might be the free, student version of DelfShip. If not, I would buy
it, but I don't want to pay
$37.95 for something that anyone can download for free.

Frank

Looks odd. The free fork of Delftship is still around:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeship/
And as you say there is a free version of Delftship:
http://www.delftship.net/

/Martin

On Jul 20, 11:34*am, (Martin Schöön) wrote:
" writes:
http://www.3dboatdesign.com/?hop=kckpers

Has anyone here any experience with this software? From the small
screen shots it looks like
it might be the free, student version of DelfShip. If not, I would buy
it, but I don't want to pay
$37.95 for something that anyone can download for free.

Frank

Looks odd. The free fork of Delftship is still around:http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeship/
And as you say there is a free version of Delftship:http://www.delftship.net/

/Martin

I wrote Delfship and got a very fast reply:

You're right, it's a scam.
In fact the software being sold is the predecessor of Delftship, which
was called FREE!ship.
It's open-source and you can download the original version for free
he http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeship/
They only modified the name and are now trying to sell it as such.

Kind regards,

--

Martijn van Engeland

DELFTship BV Marine design software

Vinkenpolderweg 38
2952 AV Alblasserdam
The Netherlands
Phone: +31 (0) 6 29 185 389
email:

" writes:

I wrote Delfship and got a very fast reply:

You're right, it's a scam.
In fact the software being sold is the predecessor of Delftship, which
was called FREE!ship.
It's open-source and you can download the original version for free
he http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeship/
They only modified the name and are now trying to sell it as such.

Looking at the screen shots I suspected this was the case. Kind of
interesting given all the hullabaloo regarding file sharing sites lately.

/Martin