posted to rec.boats.building

Default Sailing Certificates

Hello,

This is a complete off-topic to boat building, no doubt please excuse
me, slap me or just feed me with the correct group I'm an
Argentinean/Croatian citizen living in Europe (Slovakia). Yes, quite a
mess.

Problem: My Argentinean license is expired and i cant use it any more,
i need a new one that will allow me to sail in the Mediterranean and
maybe in the UK coasts.

Analysis: I can get a Croatian license (Class C) that will allow me to
do that in theory , I could also try to apply for a RYA (UK)
certificate i could also apply for a Slovak certification (inland?). I
have no clue, what are the equivalents between them and I simply cant
get an answer on internet. If i call a French bare-boat renting
company, they take my Croatian and RYA, but not Slovak.

Is there any "International" license? something like a driving license
for a car?

Does anyone knows how this works?

Cheers
Esteban

On Jun 12, 3:45*am, kisero wrote:
[...]

Here in the formerly free USA in N. Fl, I was once sailing with a
German friend who asked me if I had a sailing license. I said "I sure
do" and went below and got the 12 guage shotgun. Then I opened the
action and took out a shell and told him it was my license to own a
gun.