posted to rec.boats.building

Default Can I Easily Disconnect the Neck Strap of a 3M 6000-Serie Respirator?

I am planning to replace a MSA respirator that I bought from Home
Depot with a better one. The problem with the MSA respirator is that
the neck strap cannot be easily disconnected. This makes removing the
respirator difficult for a person who wear eyeglasses or goggles. It
was OK when it was new because the neck strap was kind of elastic when
it was new. But after pulling the neck strap over my big head too
many times, the neck strap has lost the elasticity. Now I am having a
hard time removing the respirator.

What I am looking for is something similar to the neck strap in
AOSafety respirator (also available in Home Depot). It can be easily
connected and disconnected. But it doesn't have low-profile dust
filter cartridges that I tend to use most often.

I would like to know if the 3M 6000-serie half face respirator has a
neck strap that I can disconnect easily.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan
posted to rec.boats.building

Yes it can. That's what I wear.
posted to rec.boats.building

On May 10, 9:22*pm, Dan@ (Pirateer guy) wrote:
Yes it can. That's what I wear.

Thanks for the reply. Are you using the "Drop Down" version of the
6000-serie respirator or the regular version of the 6000-serie? I
have just got the "Drop Down" version that also has a way to easily
disconnect the neck strap. I am just curious whether the regular
version also has this feature. If the regular version also has this
feature, I will buy the regular version next time when I need to
replace the respirator because the regular version is much cheaper
($17 vs $9).

Jay Chan
posted to rec.boats.building

And after being gone a long long time, yes I wear the regualr version
and the neck strap is easily disconnected.
Dan

Neck Seal Discoloration? (PeteCresswell) General 6 November 21st 07 02:29 PM
Poly T-neck Bill Tuthill General 19 May 10th 06 02:45 AM
Beneteau Serie 9 Wilson UK Power Boats 0 November 14th 04 03:05 PM
Raymarine C Serie displays G. van Toornenberg Electronics 3 February 11th 04 10:44 PM
Neck Looksha IV Sea Kayak for Sale (MA) David General 0 July 16th 03 04:34 PM