posted to rec.boats.building

Default Spiling planks - definitions

Not being a master of the English language, or any language for that
matter, I do understand spiling. I do it and it's easy.

I'm having trouble using the correct form of the word.

The art of spiling, spiling being a verb.

Is spiled past tense and spile is the noun? To spile?

Are the following sentences correct?

Spile that plank for a good fit.

I spiled all of the planks for a good fit.

Yup, just a dumb ass here.
Dan

posted to rec.boats.building

Here's another one for your vocabulary, if you don't already know it:

After you've spiled the plank, which is to mark the stock for cutting,
including the profile and the bevels, and after you've then shaped the plank
with band saw and hand plane, putting it in place on the boat to test the
fit is called "offering it up".

Tom Dacon

"Pirateer guy" Dan@ wrote in message

Not being a master of the English language, or any language for that
matter, I do understand spiling. I do it and it's easy.

I'm having trouble using the correct form of the word.

The art of spiling, spiling being a verb.

Is spiled past tense and spile is the noun? To spile?

Are the following sentences correct?

Spile that plank for a good fit.

I spiled all of the planks for a good fit.

Yup, just a dumb ass here.
Dan

Replacing planks on a 24' Cornish Cutter Lol Boat Building 1 August 19th 04 02:43 PM
Thousands of Electronic Definitions - Must see Muzicke Grane Electronics 1 January 25th 04 07:25 AM
FS: Teak Deck Planks AH Boat Building 0 August 24th 03 12:34 AM
FS: Teak Deck Planks A. Hardy Boat Building 0 August 24th 03 12:23 AM