posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising

Default Where to find "Mark Twain Industries" boat information

I've recently bought an old "Mark Twain Industries" boat
model 162 T I/O. So far I haven't been able to find any
information about it online. I'd like to find out the year it
was manufactured if possible, and how to locate the
hull ID number, and stuff like that. Can anyone tell me
where to find out information about it online, or anywhere
else for that matter?
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Senior Member

On Dec 3, 11:02*am, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 09:12:25 -0200, wrote:
I've recently bought an old "Mark Twain Industries" boat
model 162 T I/O. So far I haven't been able to find any
information about it online. I'd like to find out the year it
was manufactured if possible, and how to locate the
hull ID number, and stuff like that. Can anyone tell me
where to find out information about it online, or anywhere
else for that matter?

=============================

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.htm

I don't think he was able to find the Hull ID number. I don't know
what the laws were back when the boat was manufacturered, but more
recently a manufacturer is supposed to put the one visible hull ID
number on the transom, and hide another one somewhere else on the boat
for recovery reasons. Many times I up the second number under a
gunnel, or a thwart...

Scotty from SmallBoats.com
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Ike Ike is offline

Location: USA

On Dec 3, 8:06*am, wrote:
On Dec 3, 11:02*am, Wayne.B wrote:

[...]

Mark twain Industries was in Franfort Illinois but went out of
business in 1991. The HIN should be on the transom in the upper right
hand corner and somewhere else in a hidden location. Where, only the
manufacturer knows. You may be able to get some info from various
price guides . Try BUC http://www.bucvalu.com/ or NADA Used Boat
Guides http://www.nadaguides.com/SectionHom...=24&p=0&f=5601
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 4, 11:04*pm, Ike wrote:
On Dec 3, 8:06*am, wrote:

On Dec 3, 11:02*am, Wayne.B wrote:

[...]

Guideshttp://www.nadaguides.com/SectionHome.aspx?LI=1-20-0-5001-502-578-502...

West Frankfort IL.

Seems that a few boat companies have started (and ended there)

Mark Twain, Mariah, Crownline...

On Dec 4, 9:55*pm, Tim wrote:
On Dec 4, 11:04*pm, Ike wrote:

On Dec 3, 8:06*am, wrote:

On Dec 3, 11:02*am, Wayne.B wrote:

[...]

Mark Twain, Mariah, Crownline...- Hide quoted text -

Yes. It's one of those centers of boat building, like Bucyrus Ohio,
Arkadelphia, Arkansas, Greenback TN, and everybodies favorite
Miami. Boat companies come and go like people change their socks. It
used to be part of my job to track who was in biz and who wasn't and
about 400 companies go out of biz every year and about 400 new ones
take their place. Plus that people sell boat companies like mad,
especially during bad economic times like now.