BoatBanter.com

-   -   Navigation Question #8 (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/99469-navigation-question-8-a.html)

Bart October 23rd 08 10:43 PM

Navigation Question #8

Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

Charles Momsen October 23rd 08 10:48 PM

Navigation Question #8

"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

The earth, then Polaris.

Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] October 23rd 08 11:10 PM

Navigation Question #8

"Charles Momsen" wrote in message

"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

The earth, then Polaris.

Polaris is of dubious utility in the southern hemisphere. I'd have to say
the Moon.

Wilbur Hubbard

Charles Momsen October 23rd 08 11:22 PM

Navigation Question #8

anews.com...

"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

The earth, then Polaris.

Polaris is of dubious utility in the southern hemisphere. I'd have to say
the Moon.

Wilbur Hubbard

Excellent point. Personally I would avoid sailing in the Southern Oceans,
it's full of foreigners.

jlrogers±³©[_2_] October 23rd 08 11:28 PM

Navigation Question #8

"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

My ex-wife.

Capt. JG October 24th 08 01:39 AM

Navigation Question #8

"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

Is she blonde or brunette?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG October 24th 08 01:39 AM

Navigation Question #8

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

My ex-wife.

Har!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

jlrogers±³©[_2_] October 24th 08 02:36 PM

Navigation Question #8

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

My ex-wife.

Har!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I wish Scotty were around to answer the questions.

Capt. JG October 24th 08 06:26 PM

Navigation Question #8

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]

My ex-wife.

Har!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I wish Scotty were around to answer the questions.

Not sure where he went... too bad.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Marty[_2_] October 25th 08 04:49 AM

Navigation Question #8

Capt. JG wrote:
"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
"Bart" wrote in message
Aside from the Sun, when heavenly body is most
useful for determining your latitude? [1 pt]
My ex-wife.

Har!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I wish Scotty were around to answer the questions.

Not sure where he went... too bad.

He got sick of the **** from Boob**** and Neals sockpuppets.

Cheers
Martin