BoatBanter.com

-   -   A nice sail with old friends (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/98835-nice-sail-old-friends.html)

[email protected] October 6th 08 02:46 PM

A nice sail with old friends

Just thought I'd post another SAILING comment

This past weekend, "Seahag" and her husband visited our area. They
were driving thru, not sailing, but Katysails and Mr. Sails invited
them to come out for an afternoon on their boat. I tagged along, it
was only the second time I had met these nice folks in person.

The wind was not great but it was a beautiful sunny afternoon.

That's all, nothing earth-shattering ;)

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Martin Baxter October 6th 08 03:59 PM

A nice sail with old friends

wrote:
Just thought I'd post another SAILING comment

This past weekend, "Seahag" and her husband visited our area. They
were driving thru, not sailing, but Katysails and Mr. Sails invited
them to come out for an afternoon on their boat. I tagged along, it
was only the second time I had met these nice folks in person.

The wind was not great but it was a beautiful sunny afternoon.

That's all, nothing earth-shattering ;)

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Good for you Doug!

My sailing input, I have strained my achilles tendon, getting on the
boat from a med. mooring,,,,bummer!

That and it's haul-out in two weeks! Winter is coming.

But we'll get our election over with long before you guys.

Cheers
Martin

[email protected] October 6th 08 05:33 PM

A nice sail with old friends

On 6 Oct, 14:46, wrote:
Just thought I'd post another SAILING comment

This past weekend, "Seahag" and her husband visited our area. They
were driving thru, not sailing, but Katysails and Mr. Sails invited
them to come out for an afternoon on their boat. I tagged along, it
was only the second time I had met these nice folks in person.

The wind was not great but it was a beautiful sunny afternoon.

That's all, nothing earth-shattering ;)

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Did Seahag ever finish the boat that she was working on?

Regards

Donal

Edgar October 6th 08 06:49 PM

A nice sail with old friends

wrote in message
Just thought I'd post another SAILING comment

This past weekend, "Seahag" and her husband visited our area. They
were driving thru, not sailing, but Katysails and Mr. Sails invited
them to come out for an afternoon on their boat. I tagged along, it
was only the second time I had met these nice folks in person.

The wind was not great but it was a beautiful sunny afternoon.

That's all, nothing earth-shattering ;)

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

It is very good to hear that they are all well and still sailing.
Would be nice to have them back on this ng.

[email protected] October 6th 08 07:07 PM

A nice sail with old friends

wrote:
Did Seahag ever finish the boat that she was working on?

Define how you mean "finish" :(

The work wasn't finished in that the boat was not complete & ready for
sea; however she is finished with it. She sold it a couple of weeks
ago to a nice guy who is a professional cabinet-maker, who intended to
'finish' the boat and circumnavigate with his sons.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Capt. JG October 6th 08 07:09 PM

A nice sail with old friends

wrote in message
Just thought I'd post another SAILING comment

This past weekend, "Seahag" and her husband visited our area. They
were driving thru, not sailing, but Katysails and Mr. Sails invited
them to come out for an afternoon on their boat. I tagged along, it
was only the second time I had met these nice folks in person.

The wind was not great but it was a beautiful sunny afternoon.

That's all, nothing earth-shattering ;)

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Nothing earth-shattering is ok with me when I go for a sail... :)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

[email protected] October 6th 08 09:10 PM

A nice sail with old friends

On 6 Oct, 19:07, wrote:
wrote:
Did Seahag ever finish the boat that she was working on?

Define how you mean "finish" :(

The work wasn't finished in that the boat was not complete & ready for
sea; however she is finished with it. She sold it a couple of weeks
ago to a nice guy who is a professional cabinet-maker, who intended to
'finish' the boat and circumnavigate with his sons.

That really breaks my heart.....

'nuf said.

I would have almost flown over to help with the restoration.

Regards

Donal

jlrogers±³©[_2_] October 8th 08 08:17 PM

A nice sail with old friends

wrote in message
Just thought I'd post another SAILING comment

This past weekend, "Seahag" and her husband visited our area. They
were driving thru, not sailing, but Katysails and Mr. Sails invited
them to come out for an afternoon on their boat. I tagged along, it
was only the second time I had met these nice folks in person.

The wind was not great but it was a beautiful sunny afternoon.

That's all, nothing earth-shattering ;)

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

How dare you post sailing comments. Isn't OT good enough for you? Freaking
sailing elitist.