posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Freedom at Amberley

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:27:31 +1000, "Me" wrote:

My family and I spent the day at Amberley airshow yesterday.

It was great!

We're disappointed not to have seen the C-17 fly, but at least got to walk
through it - and I got to sit at the controls of Connie! Good stuff! It was
a little sad to realise, though, that we may not see the wonderful F-111 fly
over our heads ever again.

One thing that was surprises was the apparent total lack of security. None
of our bags were checked for questionable fluids (alcoholic or other more
potent ones....). There were no restrictions on what could be photographed
or recorded. We were free to wander around (and touch) hundreds of millions
of dollars worth of sophisticated hardware. Try any of that at the next
Wiggles concert!

To be honest it felt good to be at a place where you could freely enjoy your
interests - compared to other places where an innocent photo of a train
coming into a station can end up with your camera being confiscated, or
hanging around the perimeter fence at an airport with a VHF scanner can have
you ordered to move on or be taken into custody (both have happened to
either me or a close friend).

Lets hope this kind freedom lasts just a lttle bit longer.

Now that IS freedom..without fear.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Freedom Boatworks lew ASA 0 April 24th 08 10:12 PM
More Freedom! Bob Crantz ASA 0 November 22nd 05 02:24 PM
FREEDOM Capt. Rob ASA 5 April 13th 05 03:11 AM
freedom 25 Pete Phillips Cruising 1 September 17th 04 01:46 PM