posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Gwen Ifill

Many commented that Gwen Ifill was fair, balanced, even handed and honest
through out the debate. Did she have any choice?

Now if Gwen was really honest wouldn't she have disclosed her book and
financial interests before hand to the debate comittee?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:19:48 -0600, "Charles Momsen"

said:

Many commented that Gwen Ifill was fair, balanced, even handed and honest
through out the debate.

Year, right. Like when she said "Care to defend Senator McCain's health
plan"?

I might allow as how she tried to be balanced, but simply failed.

Dave, many did make that comment but I don't necessarily agree with it.
Unfortunately I missed the debate, as I had something more important to do,
I had to spray the cat for fleas even though it never had fleas and I don't
have a cat.

The last debate I saw was Ronald Reagan (no foreign policy experience)
debating Jimmy Carter (foreign policy experience) and turned him into a
laughing stock (16% mortgage interest rates at the time). I liked to listen
to Reagan's speeches too they were very good and still listen to them today.
Remember when real men ran for president?

Watching politics today and expecting something real and serious (meaning
actual thought based upon principle) is akin to negotiating with muslim
terrorists and expecting them to acknowledge and even respect your way of
life. It's really all a ghoulish show bringing out the best people have to
offer, which isn't much.

Sarah Palin is the only real, uncorrupted person in the whole show and she's
regarded as the freak (remember the Twilight Zone episode?). Unfortunately,
it appears she doesn't speak from a philosophical basis of much depth and
that you don't acquire on the job. Her spirit and attitude can only carry
her so far and faith will not guide anyone through a crisis requiring
decisions except to lead them to make the same mistakes over and over again
(haven't we seen that before?).

It's all so sad, so very sad and even sadder is that people take it
seriously with the belief that things will get better if candidate x or y is
elected and get all worked up over it. The real candidates come up once or
twice a century, the rest are just placeholders.

I went to see Obama speak and I'll never forget this one. He stood up there
and said we're pulling right out of Iraq, people cheered saying to each
other "War is wrong" ,etc. The next sentence he said he was going to put
more troops in Afghanistan, invade Pakistan and the same people cheered even
louder. To this day I wonder if he had read one of Hitler's speeches aloud
with minor alterations if the fervor would have been any less. Useful
idiots, all of them.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

Many commented that Gwen Ifill was fair, balanced, even handed and honest
through out the debate.

Year, right. Like when she said "Care to defend Senator McCain's health
plan"?

I might allow as how she tried to be balanced, but simply failed.

So, you think Palin lost the debate? I'm shocked, shocked.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 3 Oct 2008 15:26:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:49:32 -0700, "Capt. JG" said:

Many commented that Gwen Ifill was fair, balanced, even handed and honest
through out the debate.

Year, right. Like when she said "Care to defend Senator McCain's health
plan"?

I might allow as how she tried to be balanced, but simply failed.

So, you think Palin lost the debate?

That's a non-sequitur if ever I saw one.

Palin? Yes, I agree! A walking talking non-sequitar if ever there was
one.

Caribou Barbie!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

Many commented that Gwen Ifill was fair, balanced, even handed and honest
through out the debate.

Year, right. Like when she said "Care to defend Senator McCain's health
plan"?

I might allow as how she tried to be balanced, but simply failed.

Here's an explanation of what REALLY happened:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co.../palinflow.jpg

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

Many commented that Gwen Ifill was fair, balanced, even handed and honest
through out the debate.

Year, right. Like when she said "Care to defend Senator McCain's health
plan"?

I might allow as how she tried to be balanced, but simply failed.

So, you think Palin lost the debate?

That's a non-sequitur if ever I saw one.

But, you think she did because of Ifill right? It's the left-leaning media's
fault. I got it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Still waiting for you to answer the question... Is Moveon.org the media?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

Many commented that Gwen Ifill was fair, balanced, even handed and honest
through out the debate.

Year, right. Like when she said "Care to defend Senator McCain's health
plan"?

I might allow as how she tried to be balanced, but simply failed.

Actually, Gwen was so careful to treat Palin with kid gloves, so as not
to be accused of bias against her, that Palin got a free ride. Palin's
response to a third of the questions was something like: Why gee-whiz
Glen, I don't think I want to answer YOUR question, so golly gee, I'll
just answer the question I want to answer. (To which Gwen smiled and
said nothing.) Or, dad-gummit, Gwenn, I don't really like your question
very much, so I'll spend my time with a little more campain talk. Did I
tell everyone how we love to sit around the kitchen table and try to
figure things out? And how I'm a real down-to-earth person?

Jim
posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

[...]

Mc-Cain & Dis-able '08
posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

[...]

I thought so as well... but it was insignificant. I think Ifill figured that
she'd just let her do her own jokes.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com