posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa,alt.usenet.kooks

Default Ram air

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"gregvk" wrote in message

I didn't hear it from a film. I heard about it from some old guy who
saw one land that way. The craft's hydraulics got damaged and
stopped working,
which made it impossible to drop the landing gear or to rotate the
ball turret (it had to be properly positioned in order for the gunner
to open the little door and climb into the craft) so the gunner was
stuck in there and they had to belly land. I always thought the B-17
had a manual override crank or something to rotate the ball turret by
hand... But maybe
they didn't all have those, or it was also damaged (or maybe I'm
mistaken about the existence of a manual override).

Hey Bertie, your forgot to change your name back!!!

:0)

Did I? Do tell.

Bertie