Default Another reason jeff is wrong!

"richforman" wrote
This is very reminiscent of one of my favorites,
the classic "Gossage-Verbedian Papers,"

Zanjero!

wrote in message
On Thu, 1 May 2008 14:38:13 -0400, "Gregory Hall"
wrote:

"Ernest Scribbler" wrote in message
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote
The NUC class consists of vessels that may or may not move in and out
of
the class.

Other than coming up with some stunningly insipid ad hominems, you're
just
not doing a very good job here, Wilbur. With your characteristic dearth
of
brevity, you've amply explained that a class, as you define it, is a
temporary condition that any vessel (or human) can enter or leave. The
problem isn't with your explanation, it's that there's just no sensible
way to square it with your earlier assertion that another temporary
condition,

Hold it! Stop right there! Cease, desist, arręt, anschlag, arresto,
batente,
????, parada ! I said nothing about overtaking being a "condition." I did
say that overtaking is an "action" and that is the crux of the matter.

It is not appropriate to add an action to a class of vessels being
delineated by their state of being. A NUC is a state of being. A RAM is a
state of being. A sailboat is a state of being. But not OVERTAKING.
Overtaking is an action. An action does not belong in a list of states of
being.

overtaking, doesn't fit your definition of a class. What you fail to
recognize, is that I haven't called into question your position on what
should or shouldn't be included in the mnemonic, I've only pointed out
that your argument against the inclusion in question is specious at
best.

Simply not so. What's in question is your total failure to understand
simple
concepts such as state of being versus action. Noun versus verb. Action is
described by a verb. Vessel A overtakes Vessel B as opposed to Vessel a is
NUC and Vessel B is a RAM or vessel C is a SAILBOAT. Would you include a
verb in a list of nouns? Perhaps so since you appear to have little or no
concept of the structure of the English language. Here I am treating with
functionally illiterate individual trying to make a point while the the
very
language we use is not understood by you. Do you see why now I often feel
sense of hopelessness when dealing with the dregs that most often post
here?

Perhaps if you spent a little less time pontificating, you could do a
better job of explaining yourself.

In order to break through the brick wall that is your mind one needs
pontificate and pontificate plenty in order to just get your attention.
Once
attention is gotten then comes the long process of attempting to impart
the
education you obviously missed in school.

You, sir, are a dunce!

You, sir, have no class...

You might have a point there or why would I be bothering trying to educate
the classless?

Wilbur Hubbard

Do you prefer to be called Gregbur or Wilgory?

Bwhahahahahahahaha!

Call me Wilbur. My account at octanews seems to be on the fritz for some
reason today so I'm using my roommate Greg's computer and account at
alt.net. I suppose I could change the From: name but I'd probably forget to
change it back and then when *he* was posting people would be even more
confused thinking he was trying to be me.

Wilbur Hubbard

"richforman" wrote in message

This is very reminiscent of one of my favorites, the classic "Gossage-
Verbedian Papers," go look i tup and read it right now if you're not
familiar, you'll get some huge laughs and you'll see what I mean!

Pretty hard to look it up when you spelled it wrong!

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Thu, 1 May 2008 17:17:56 -0400, "Gregory Hall"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Your roomate? You mean you are GAY?

Interested? I know Ganz certainly is . . . He won't stop e-mailing me.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 May 2008 14:38:13 -0400, "Gregory Hall"
wrote:

Wilbur Hubbard

Having a little trouble keeping your socks matched up there NW?

Frank

I thought it was pretty funny. That's what happens with liars. They can't
keep their stories straight.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Gregory Hall" wrote
Pretty hard to look it up when you spelled it wrong!

Google is typically willing to help one out in that regard. In fact, just
now I tried a search on the phrase "Verbedian Papers" and at the very top of
the results page there appears a note asking me if I meant "Varbedian
Papers" complete with a hyperlink to the corrected phrase. (Perhaps google
employs some sort of filtering technology to make the service unavailable to
supercilious buffoons.)

On May 1, 5:26*pm, "Gregory Hall" wrote:
"richforman" wrote in message

This is very reminiscent of one of my favorites, the classic "Gossage-
Verbedian Papers," go look i tup and read it right now if you're not
familiar, you'll get some huge laughs and you'll see what I mean!

Pretty hard to look it up when you spelled it wrong!

Wilbur Hubbard

Sorry....I thought I might have it wrong as I was posting, but was too
lazy to look it up I guess....still am; is it Varbedian and not
Verbedian? Anyway does this mean you were able to find and read it?
One of the funniest things ever written imho.

richforman

Another reason jeff is wrong! Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Cruising 14 May 2nd 08 03:08 PM
And this is the reason... Short Wave Sportfishing General 42 November 18th 07 01:14 PM
Another reason Bart ASA 0 October 4th 06 01:45 AM
Another reason Martin Baxter ASA 2 October 3rd 06 07:08 PM
Another reason to buy a Farr 40 SAIL LOCO ASA 6 December 23rd 03 12:06 AM