posted to aus.cars,soc.culture.europe,alt.inventors,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.sailing.asa

Default The wind powered car

Been there, done that. A one percent grade will stall whatever vehicle you
design. Even a super light model stalls on a grade... modelsailcars.com

"gabydewilde" wrote in message
Hello all,

I would like to invite you to help develop a recumbent bicycle with 4
wheels, an electric motor reasonable aerodynamics and a wind turbine.

http://wind-car.go-here.nl

During normal use almost all of the energy used by a vehicle is lost
though the displacement of air. But, if we have a high pressure zone
and a low pressure zone we can extract energy and regenerate some of
those losses back onto the propulsion.

Moving close-to or even up the wind we may use the combination of
human power and electric power to amplify this wind.

The wall like cycling up the wind phenomenon is something every
cyclist should be familiar with. This wind power exceeds the power
needed to move the vehicle forwards. The energy extracted by the
turbine is stored as kinetic energy but is also increasing the
available wind pressure.

The wind car is not intended to be a real car but to be a fun freeware
project that gets us places. I hope for you to help me design a
vehicle roughly costing 200 euro/dollar to build using off the shelve
parts. It is my believe that such miracle savings may be accomplish
though pure resourcefulness. A set of old bike wheels doesn't have to
cost much, Constructing a frame doesn't have to cost much, An
electric motor doesn't have to cost much. (as low as 20$), If you own
battery powered tools you can use those batteries and buy some extra
to save money. The suggested wind motor doesn't involve much more as
an axle, some blades and a chain. The cabin can be made of tent
materials. A cheap 10 watt solar panel can keep the battery topped
off, combined with charging on the wind this may prove more then
sufficient never to need to recharge it or to plug-in some new
batteries.

I invite you all to help design this vehicle by posting your opinion/
thoughts/suggestions good or bad happy or sad. :-)

http://wind-car.go-here.nl

Thank you,

Gaby de Wilde

______
http://docs.google.com/Edit?tab=view...kf_245d9mb6rcn
http://quadracycle.blogspot.com/
http://forum.go-here.nl/index.php?c=8
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress

The wind powered car dbr ASA 1 February 5th 08 01:14 PM
The wind powered car Tom Sherman ASA 1 February 5th 08 01:04 PM
The wind powered car Noddy[_2_] ASA 1 January 29th 08 04:11 AM
Wind powered cargo ships Bluto[_2_] ASA 0 January 21st 08 01:28 AM
Under powered? Over powered? The Carrolls ASA 5 December 9th 03 06:09 AM