posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default V/V Pau Discovered Abandoned in South Pacific!

News Item:

The 90' Virtual Vessel Pau was vitually discovered floating abandoned
in the South Pacific, near Vanuatu. The derelect schooner was in
surprisingly good condition despite many years of neglect and exposure
to the vicious cyclones common in the area.
The most important item recovered was the large cookbook found in a
dry case in the galley. It contained many fantastic recipes that the
virtual voyagers had enjoyed during their remarkable cruise from
Hawaii, all those many years ago.
These recipes have been transcribed and posted on the website
SailingLinks.com which has just been reorganized and spruced up for
2008, and specifically can be found he http://www.sailinglinks.com/recipes.htm
which is deep in the innards of the new "Cruising Resources" mega-
section.
All original Virtual Voyagers may get a smile from checking it out-
Enjoy!

-From Fiji Maritime News Service
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"cruisin" wrote in message
[...]

Heh... I wondered what happened to her...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jan 31, 1:55 pm, cruisin wrote:
News Item:

The 90' Virtual Vessel Pau was vitually discovered floating abandoned
in the South Pacific, near Vanuatu. The derelect schooner was in
surprisingly good condition despite many years of neglect and exposure
to the vicious cyclones common in the area.

She was in such good shape because virtual neglect isn't as harsh as
the real thing!
I loved Pau's varnished quarterdeck caprail; and it's even more
enjoyable that the brightwork is still perfect after all these years!

The most important item recovered was the large cookbook found in a
dry case in the galley. It contained many fantastic recipes that the
virtual voyagers had enjoyed during their remarkable cruise from
Hawaii, all those many years ago.
These recipes have been transcribed and posted on the website
SailingLinks.com which has just been reorganized and spruced up for
2008, and specifically can be found he http://www.sailinglinks.com/recipes.htm
which is deep in the innards of the new "Cruising Resources" mega-
section.
All original Virtual Voyagers may get a smile from checking it out-
Enjoy!

I'm gonna get more than a smile.... that goat curry was pretty
good.... and we need to get Scott to crack & scrape another load of
coconuts!

Mike thank you for putting this up.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Feb 2, 9:19*am, "jlrogers" wrote:
Good eating!

wrote in message

[...]

Fresh Breezes- Doug King- Hide quoted text -

You're welcome, Doug. I was surprised to see how good some of these
recipes look- originally I never considered ever actually trying any
of them. Now that we've been cruising the lands of coconuts and taro
they make more sense and we'll be trying many of them out when we get
back to the boat in Fiji. Especially can't wait to try the croc
recipes http://www.sailinglinks.com/oz_game_recipes.htm when we get to
Oz in October!

Cheers,

Mike