posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Red Cloud Abandoned!

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...ue.c061dc.html

A sad day - at least they are all safe.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 08:20:17 -0500, jeff wrote:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/

khou080102_ac_cgrescue.c061dc.html

A sad day - at least they are all safe.

A sad day indeed. I was hoping you were playing a tasteless joke. Not
only do they lose their boat, but also their home. A very sad day.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...ue.c061dc.html

A sad day - at least they are all safe.

Is there a fund/account where we could send Joe and Terry some money to help
them out? If you know of it please put up the info.

BC

posted to alt.sailing.asa

That is truly sad news. At least they're all okay, even the
dog.

Joe's been through a lot of stuff on the water, I'm sure
he'll bounce back from this.

Once again, thank God for the Coast Guard!

SBV

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...102_ac_cgrescu
e.c061dc.html

A sad day - at least they are all safe.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

A sad day - at least they are all safe.

Terrible news. I'm so glad they are okay though. Joe will live to sail
another day.

Robert B
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

A sad day

Yes it is... I've certainly enjoyed Joe's postings and
contributions particularly those having to do with sailing
and general marine info.

He is a man of maritime experience and knowledge.

I wonder if an attempt will be made to salvage Red Cloud
or will it be deemed a hazard and sunk assuming it is still
afloat?

Thanks again Jeff for the alert/thread.

Bill

Channel Islands Harbor
Oxnard, California

"The ocean is an immense, powerful and strong entity that
doesn't play favorites. Enjoy it's beauty but be wary of
it's turmoil."
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bill Warnock wrote:
A sad day

Yes it is... I've certainly enjoyed Joe's postings and
contributions particularly those having to do with sailing
and general marine info.

He is a man of maritime experience and knowledge.

I wonder if an attempt will be made to salvage Red Cloud
or will it be deemed a hazard and sunk assuming it is still
afloat?

One news report stated that Joe was looking into the possibility of
salvaging Red Cloud.

Certainly a sad day for Joe and Terry, but thank God that they are back
safe and (mostly) sound. Apparently this was a rather difficult rescue
situation for the CC.

Jim Cate

Incidentally, if the group decides to organize a collection, I would
want to contribute. I'm assuming his insurance would cover most related
expenses.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"JimC" wrote in message

Bill Warnock wrote:
[...]

Definitely... count me in.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

jeff wrote:
http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...grescue.c061dc....

A sad day - at least they are all safe.

That is very sad news... Joe was very proud of Red Cloud and she
represented a huge investment.... not just money, but his work &
spirit. It was kind of a zany idea to import coffee under sail, maybe
it would have worked out profitably.

I am very sad to hear about the end of this adventure, and am hoping
to hear the tale from Joe himself.

Sincerely
Doug King
posted to alt.sailing.asa

More he

http://www.dogflu.ca/01022008/12/coa..._dog_from_boat

Red Cloud Abandoned! jeff Cruising 163 January 11th 08 11:01 PM
Abandoned boats more than an eyesore (Los Angeles Times) basskisser General 10 May 24th 07 04:44 PM
More info on abandoned yacht Jeff Cruising 38 November 17th 06 09:17 PM
Abandoned yacht - Bobsprit's twin brother??? Peter Wiley ASA 2 July 16th 03 05:03 AM