posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Happy New Year from Bobsprit

Well, well, well....

Happy new year to everyone at ASA.

I haven't had much time to post here, but it was a great year. Thomas
has been thriving and growing up beautifully. I'm pretty much retired
after opening a medical supply business in the area. In spite of all
of the local hospitals and retirement community there was no pre-
existing store, so we really found an easy market. I hired a couple of
people to run it and outside of doing the books and ordering inventory
every other Thursday, I can enjoy my days with Thomas and Suzanne as I
please.

Meanwhile....we're looking at either buying a new boat or nearly new
boat. I'm 45 now and time is everything, plus a new boat would be
nice! We expect to trade the 35s5 after the 2008 season. She's been
great, but even a "newer" old boat is still....old! I sure don't want
to end up like Willy Loman AKA Scotty!

Beyond that...I can't believe how good life is these days. I hope
you're all doing well and enjoying the season.

Cheers & Bwahahahahahhahaha! as always,

PS: See the Donald Crowhurst doc, Deep Water. It's FANTASTIC!

Capt RB
posted to alt.sailing.asa

WOW! Things sure have changed in a week:

"Capt Rob" wrote in message
It's a very quiet Christmas here folks. Suzanne and Thomas are out
with her new boyfriend celebrating Christmas. Things are going to be
very different this next year. We are going to divorce, Suzanne is
going to marry an anesthesiologist she met at the hospital. As part of
the settlement, he agrees to pay me $1500/month as long as they are
married. The house goes for sale, I get to keep "Heart of Gold". In
exchange, I forfeit rights to Thomas, but I'll still see him. I tell
myself they will be better off, he makes over $350K a year. I"ll be a
liveaboard beginning this spring. I get to keep the big screen which
I'll house in a dockbox. Heart of Gold will be my bachelor pad and I'm
looking forward to all my old Russian girlfriends stopping by. I
decided to keep the Kia and let the Subes go. My dad says I should
fight it, but I really don't think it was meant to be. Suzanne really
got into work, she is very attractive and I can't compete with a
younger, good looking doctor. I know he is a good fellow and will
provide well for them. I was in a bit over my head with this whole
family thing, it really interfered with what I like to do. I love them
very much and I know they will be much happier. As down and out as I
have gotten at times, I think back to the time I was alone on the bow
looking up at the sky. Strangely, I thought of Capt Neal and his
idyllic life. Now the chance for that life is within my grasp and I'm
going for it. Even at the darkest moments I can still have a ray of
sunshine by knowing I don't own a Siedelman or Express 30. Thinking
that has made me step back from the rail of the Throgs Neck Bridge.
Life can get bad, but there are those who have it worse. Merry
Christmas to you all!

Capt RB

Liveaboard to be, Heart of Gold
City Island, NY

Happy New Year Thom Stewart ASA 7 January 2nd 07 11:38 PM
Happy New Year Scott Weiser General 16 January 14th 04 10:45 PM
Happy New Year!!! N.L. Eckert General 1 January 1st 04 03:37 PM
Happy New Year to the One and Only.... Bobsprit ASA 0 December 31st 03 10:45 PM
Happy New Year to the REAL Bobsprit. Simple Simon ASA 0 December 31st 03 10:10 PM