posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Abacos Cruisers - some sad news

Some sad news for those of us who cruise and have cruised the Abacos.

Bob Toler, aka Barometer Bob, has passed away. More information he
http://coconuttelegraph.net/forums/

May he rest in peace . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

That is some sad news. Though we haven't been to the Abacos or met
Barometer Bob, everywhere we have been we are glad to meet the people
who do the job of caring for the cruisers.

God bless him.

Barb
s/v Arabella
Currently in the Kingdom of Tonga

www.sailinglinks.com

On Sep 16, 7:45 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
Some sad news for those of us who cruise and have cruised the Abacos.

Bob Toler, aka Barometer Bob, has passed away. More information hehttp://coconuttelegraph.net/forums/

May he rest in peace . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

wrote:
Some sad news for those of us who cruise and have cruised the Abacos.

Bob Toler, aka Barometer Bob, has passed away. More information hehttp://coconuttelegraph.net/forums/

May he rest in peace . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

======================

Perhaps less well known is that Bob Toler's wife Patti runs the well
known Cruiser's Net on VHF in Marsh Harbour. Hopefully she will be
able to continue her good work in that effort.

Also of some possible interest is that there is a second "Barometer
Bob", also on the web, who is quite alive and well although not in the
Abacos.

http://www.barometerbobshow.com/

Abacos Cruisers - some sad news Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 2 September 18th 07 04:11 PM
Abacos Pictures Wayne.B General 0 May 9th 06 04:32 PM
Abacos Motu Iti Cruising 0 September 25th 04 08:34 PM
Boating in the Abacos Motu Iti General 0 September 25th 04 08:33 PM
New site for cruisers- The Free Dockage Exchange for Cruisers J&J ASA 1 July 22nd 03 10:20 PM