BoatBanter.com

-   -   Doug's World, Excellent! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/85994-dougs-world-excellent.html)

Capt. Rob September 6th 07 05:46 AM

Doug's World, Excellent!

More of my world of powerboat living with photos and comments:

"Kathie uses red Rustoleum paint on our ancient propeller and beams
with pride.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...35692614zEdpFX

"Our Sundowner's blister problem was far worse than anticipated.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/228...35692614NrHKRu

"Visiting The Home for the Incurably Badly Dressed:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2...35692614XrmWRa

"What's dumber than two clowns living on a 36 foot Sundowner? How
about a pair of clowns on an even smaller one!

http://bp0.blogger.com/_vSPuZnhalQw/...h/P1070789.JPG

"After diesel fumes went undetected, we found Hank dead in the cabin:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_vSPuZnhalQw/...h/P1070857.JPG

"Who would have sex with anyone in this picture?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_vSPuZnhalQw/...CIMG9532_2.jpg

"Note my powerful biceps and how they slosh into my shoulder blades.
I've been known to swim for up to 4 minutes at a time....

http://bp0.blogger.com/_vSPuZnhalQw/...h/P1050984.JPG

Doug King Blog 2007

RB
35s5
NY

Ringmaster September 6th 07 06:15 AM

Doug's World, Excellent!

It's my guess that the city trash trucks beat the Boob to the
dumpsters today so he just came back home.

Scotty September 6th 07 02:52 PM

Doug's World, Excellent!

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
ps.com...
It's my guess that the city trash trucks beat the Boob to

the
dumpsters today so he just came back home.

looks like Doug is having a great time. No wonder the Boob
is so jealous of him.

SBV

LLoyd Bonafide September 6th 07 02:55 PM

Doug's World, Excellent!

This is no longer "fun" on your behalf.

You are a ****ing ass.

[email protected] September 6th 07 03:03 PM

Doug's World, Excellent!

"Ringmaster" wrote
It's my guess that the city trash trucks beat the Boob to

the
dumpsters today so he just came back home.

I just figured out why Bobsprit is so rpo-union.... garbage collector
strikes are good for his business!

"Scotty" wrote:
looks like Doug is having a great time. No wonder the Boob
is so jealous of him.

Yeah, but the Boobster is also making our hit counter spin like a
top..... money in my pocket! Thanks, Bubbles!

We are having a *GREAT* time, and one of the things I like about
a.s.a. is that most of the people here understand.... it's difficult
to explain to family & friends who aren't sailors or cruisers.

DSK

katy September 6th 07 03:08 PM

Doug's World, Excellent!

Scotty wrote:
"Ringmaster" wrote in message
ps.com...

It's my guess that the city trash trucks beat the Boob to

the

dumpsters today so he just came back home.

looks like Doug is having a great time. No wonder the Boob
is so jealous of him.

SBV

They are having a great time...will be fun when they get home and we can
have a gabfest about all their adventures. And Chopper misses Hank.

Joe September 6th 07 03:10 PM

Doug's World, Excellent!

"Ringmaster" wrote

"Scotty" wrote:
looks like Doug is having a great time. No wonder the Boob
is so jealous of him.

Yeah, but the Boobster is also making our hit counter spin like a
top..... money in my pocket! Thanks, Bubbles!

We are having a *GREAT* time, and one of the things I like about
a.s.a. is that most of the people here understand.... it's difficult
to explain to family & friends who aren't sailors or cruisers.

DSK

What's that floating thing in the water? Did you zip tie kids
floating foam to cooler tops or something? Looks like a good ideal to
help kids climb up on the transom.

Joe

[email protected] September 6th 07 03:32 PM

Doug's World, Excellent!

Joe wrote:
What's that floating thing in the water? Did you zip tie kids
floating foam to cooler tops or something? Looks like a good ideal to
help kids climb up on the transom.

I think you mean the ramp? I built that to help the dog get aboard;
for swimming it doesn't work quite as well as I planned but now I know
how to build one that will work perfectly. It has swim noodles zip-
tied along the edge for extra flotation and to keep the dog's paws
from sliding off the edge. The problem with it is that it doesn't
quite have enough flotation for him to stand on it in the water, but
too much flotation for him to push it down and get his hind paws up
onto it. The surface is also not as good a grip as I'd hoped, it's
fiberglass molded in a sort of waffle pattern. Next one will have
deeper corrugations and a high edge. It works great as a ramp from
high docks to the deck.

It's balsa-cored fiberglass, strong enough for three people to jump on
at once and light enough for a little kid to pick up with one hand ;)

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Capt. Rob September 6th 07 04:11 PM

Doug's World, Excellent!

it's difficult
to explain to family & friends who aren't sailors or cruisers.

That's because your family probably knows that you prefer to sail,
wanted a sailboat and that you were actively looking at cruising
sailboats, even showing Kathie a C&C at one point. Now you're driving
around in a floating RV and believing, or trying to believe that it's
what you wanted?
Who else in the sailing group has switched to power boating,
Doug...besides you?

RB
35s5
NY

katy September 6th 07 04:44 PM

Doug's World, Excellent!

Capt. Rob wrote:
it's difficult
to explain to family & friends who aren't sailors or cruisers.

That's because your family probably knows that you prefer to sail,
wanted a sailboat and that you were actively looking at cruising
sailboats, even showing Kathie a C&C at one point. Now you're driving
around in a floating RV and believing, or trying to believe that it's
what you wanted?
Who else in the sailing group has switched to power boating,
Doug...besides you?

RB
35s5
NY

Not going to discuss Doug's personal situation because what he does is
his business but do want to address the ttopic in general.

Just what is the matter with doing something your spouse wants to do or
feels more comfortable doing? Not everyone is the same. You are
fortunate, Bob, that Suzanne likes to sail. I've known many people over
the eyars with sailboats where the wife goes along for the ride or sits
on teh dock and waits for the "floating cottage" to return, irked that
their home away from home actually left the dock. The idea that someone
would be condiserate of someone else's feelings and maybe supplant their
own interests for awhile is commendable. It shows a strong relationship
and a willingness to go the extra mile for their partner. So waht are
you going to do, if perchance, Suzanne decides one day that sailing just
isn't it anymore and that the boys, now teenagers, would really rather
have a jet boat? She will impress on you taht they've ahd it with
sailing and that as a father, your responsibility is to the family, not
to sailing. So, becasue you do not want to lose that precious link that
holds the family together, good times, you either downgrade the sailboat
so that you can have a little sojourn once in a great while and buy a
jet boat for the family, or you give up sailing entirely to immerse
yourself into the family ecperience. What's going to happen when your
boys, down the line, find out that fast and noise is more fun and that
dinking along on something that only goes 7 knots at best is rather a
dull way to spend the afternoon? Now don;t tell me you're going to
insure that that doesn't happen by totally immersing your kids in the
sailing experience. That has been knwon to backfire...I;'ve seen plenty
of sailing families whose kids have had it...they want a life on teh
weekends other than going to the marina and hanging about on a
boat...they want their friends, parties, shopping, etc. So then you have
a choice: you let them go off by themselves and suffer the consequences;
or you make them go with you and sit with a boatful of resentful kids
who whine and pule about having to be there...or...maybe you'll get
lucky...once in a while a person does and the kids take to it like ducks
out of water...most likely not, though,, it will be some combination of
the first two scenarios. Enjoy what you have now. Sail like you want
now. You can't predict the future and you shouldn't try reading into the
lives of othersthings that may not be there at all.