BoatBanter.com

-   -   innie vs. outie? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/85523-innie-vs-outie.html)

Capt. JG August 25th 07 11:14 PM

innie vs. outie?

Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Captain Crunch August 25th 07 11:23 PM

innie vs. outie?

Must you ganz up every post?
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

katy August 25th 07 11:27 PM

innie vs. outie?

Capt. JG wrote:
Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

I prefer the dark blue...it doesn't show as much dirt....(smirk)

Capt. JG August 26th 07 12:10 AM

innie vs. outie?

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

I prefer the dark blue...it doesn't show as much dirt....(smirk)

It's actually black and white... not sure why the flash screwed up the
colors.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Gregory Hall August 26th 07 12:59 AM

innie vs. outie?

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

I can't tell which. They both look like they're turning into lizard
faces. It makes me want to fly.

Greg

katy August 26th 07 02:03 AM

innie vs. outie?

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

I prefer the dark blue...it doesn't show as much dirt....(smirk)

It's actually black and white... not sure why the flash screwed up the
colors.

well, tehn...I still prefer the darker one....

Bart August 26th 07 02:38 AM

innie vs. outie?

On Aug 25, 6:14 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

--
"j" ganz

Innie are the only real bowlines.

katy August 26th 07 02:51 AM

innie vs. outie?

Bart wrote:
On Aug 25, 6:14 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:

Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

--
"j" ganz

Innie are the only real bowlines.

unless yourleft handed....and how do the wabbit get out of the hole?

Capt. JG August 26th 07 05:08 AM

innie vs. outie?

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 25, 6:14 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Which do you prefer? and for what?

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/innie-outie.jpg

--
"j" ganz

Innie are the only real bowlines.

Ok, then what are the other ones called or used for?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Terry K August 27th 07 11:01 PM

innie vs. outie?

The innie and the outie are the same knot. If you consider that in
the photo, you cannot see where the three ends which go off screen are
connected.

One is free, one is bent up, one is bent down. Bent means connected
in topology. That is the only difference between the two shown.

Now consider whether you like them face up or face down, left or right
handed, clockwise around the tree or counterclockwise, all the same.

Nice thing about the bowline is it can be used any way.

The only nicer knot is a commissionaire, or crochet chain. It can
easily be done with one hand and a belay.

Terry K