BoatBanter.com

-   -   San Diego Vacation (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/85396-san-diego-vacation.html)

Ronald Hugh Roberts August 24th 07 02:09 AM

San Diego Vacation

Dear Group[s];

My sweetie and I are headed to San Diego next week for five
days of vacation around Labour Day. Her youngest son lives
there, but he's not a boat owner.

Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to tour the
harbour and surrounding marine environs? Day cruise, beach
visit, naval enlistment, etc. I want to see the Marine Museum
and the Midway exhibit, but we have five days and I'm pretty
ignorant about California.

Thanks in advance.

ron [relurking]
--
Ron Roberts or
Phone (512) 971-1614

Wayne.B August 24th 07 03:22 AM

San Diego Vacation

On 23 Aug 2007 20:09:05 -0500, (Ronald
Hugh Roberts) wrote:

Dear Group[s];

My sweetie and I are headed to San Diego next week for five
days of vacation around Labour Day. Her youngest son lives
there, but he's not a boat owner.

Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to tour the
harbour and surrounding marine environs? Day cruise, beach
visit, naval enlistment, etc. I want to see the Marine Museum
and the Midway exhibit, but we have five days and I'm pretty
ignorant about California.

If you are comfortable with the idea of running a 20 something center
console by yourself there is a boat rental operation along the habor
front near the convention center. I rented one for the afternoon a
while back and it was a good way to see the harbor.

Horvath August 24th 07 04:00 AM

San Diego Vacation

Hugh Roberts) wrote this crap:

Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to tour the
harbour and surrounding marine environs?

You'll like the San Diego Yacht Club.

Ask somebody there if you can get a tour.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

Paul Cassel August 25th 07 12:38 AM

San Diego Vacation

Ronald Hugh Roberts wrote:
Dear Group[s];

My sweetie and I are headed to San Diego next week for five
days of vacation around Labour Day. Her youngest son lives
there, but he's not a boat owner.

Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to tour the
harbour and surrounding marine environs? Day cruise, beach
visit, naval enlistment, etc. I want to see the Marine Museum
and the Midway exhibit, but we have five days and I'm pretty
ignorant about California.

Thanks in advance.

ron [relurking]

Check the Yellow Pages or the Internet (you have access, it seems) for
boat rentals. This time of year, it'll be pretty calm so see if you can
get a minor motor boat.

Also be sure to check out the Star of India sailboat moored at the city
dock.