posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default It must be "Horrid" in NYC

As the heat wave continues.. Why I bet even with a 16000 BTU AC system
any 35s5 must be like an oven below this time of year with thoses big
black heat sink gull wing windows.

And just think... in 2 short mo's the sailing season will be over on
L.I.S.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

As the heat wave continues.. Why I bet even with a 16000 BTU AC
system
any 35s5 must be like an oven below this time of year with thoses big
black heat sink gull wing windows.

And just think... in 2 short mo's the sailing season will be over on
L.I.S.

This season has been quite cool on the water. We do use the AC at the
dock, especially when cleaning and such.
Sailing season ends mid November, but others usually haul out October
31st.
This has been the best weather on the LIS in years. We've had just
about zeros day of calm conditions. Sunday we sailed out in dead calm
and within minutes it was blowing perfectly.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 14, 11:56 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
As the heat wave continues.. Why I bet even with a 16000 BTU AC
system
any 35s5 must be like an oven below this time of year with thoses big
black heat sink gull wing windows.

And just think... in 2 short mo's the sailing season will be over on
L.I.S.

This season has been quite cool on the water. We do use the AC at the
dock, especially when cleaning and such.
Sailing season ends mid November, but others usually haul out October
31st.
This has been the best weather on the LIS in years. We've had just
about zeros day of calm conditions. Sunday we sailed out in dead calm
and within minutes it was blowing perfectly.

RB
35s5
NY

We are night sailing now...to damn hot for anything else.. but the
tropical storms are about to start chasing away the dog days...yeah!

Joe