posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default The Beauty and Sadness of ASA

Yesterday, Suzanne and I took Thomas out on our friend's Hunter 43. It
was a bit of a gloomy day, but then again nice to not have the sun and
heat. Nice little sail and Thomas loved the size of the big hunter and
all the room below. The Hunter is a bit of a truck under sail, but it
was very relaxed and I can't argue with the comfort level.
Tomorrow we're going out on our neighbor's Rhodes 19.

Of course when we returned home I found many many posts from the non-
sailing ASAers as usual. I don't know what you all do (in the real
world), but how about a little sailing? True, most of you have tedious
jobs, but you can still find time for a daysail, can't you? You have
to make a little effort to go sailing, but I promise it'll be worth
it. At least a few of you have boats, so get out there!

We'll be out sailing as usual this weekend. Sunday, if she's ready,
we'll be out on a fast Santana 30/30 and the Heart of Gold will be
back in the water.

So far it's been one of the best summers of wind on the LIS ever. In
spite of setting up our new house we've been sailing like mad. Part of
our good fortune is that, while the boat is 20 minutes further away,
we don't have to cross toll bridges or deal with traffic. Now the
drive is actually fun!

Anyway...I know at least a few people here are out there sailing just
like we are. The rest of you are really pathetic and it's shamefull
how you nip at every fluff of rotted bait I toss into the water. Can't
you learn from CM, Ozzy an Maxprop; people who actually sail?

GO SAILING!!!! DAYSAIL, RACE, OVERIGHT, CRUISE, but please just get
out there!

RB
35s5...a boat that sails!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Of course when we returned home, from my day job as yard ape at the local marina......

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jul 12, 8:10 am, Martin Baxter wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Of course when we returned home, from my day job as yard ape at the local marina......

Cheers
Marty

C'mon, Martin! You can do better than that. That's Scotty Potty level
material.

RB
35s5
NY