posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default What you're missing...

Look at these people all enjoying their Mac26Xs.

http://mkstocks.tripod.com/boats/macgregor/index.htm

You might want to poke fun at Macgregors but you've got to admit Mac
owners just have more fun and do more sailing than any other group.

And notice how the Mac26X is the best looking boat of the bunch he

http://www.sailingbreezes.com/Sailin...fest/sailfestp
hotos.htm

And it's not like you'd ever want to but if you did decide to sell your
Mac you'd be able to sell it in a minute.

http://www.sailingtexas.com/smacgregor26xq.html

Look at the selling price. It's about what he paid new for it. And it's
a 2001 model. Six years old and still selling for new prices. Ya gotta
luv a Mac.

Cheerio,
Ed Gordon
http://www.egordon873.homestead.com/drug.html
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Ed Gordon" wrote in message
8...
Look at these people all enjoying their Mac26Xs.

http://mkstocks.tripod.com/boats/macgregor/index.htm

You might want to poke fun at Macgregors but you've got to admit Mac
owners just have more fun and do more sailing than any other group.

And notice how the Mac26X is the best looking boat of the bunch he

http://www.sailingbreezes.com/Sailin...fest/sailfestp
hotos.htm

And it's not like you'd ever want to but if you did decide to sell your
Mac you'd be able to sell it in a minute.

http://www.sailingtexas.com/smacgregor26xq.html

Look at the selling price. It's about what he paid new for it. And it's
a 2001 model. Six years old and still selling for new prices. Ya gotta
luv a Mac.

Cheerio,
Ed Gordon
http://www.egordon873.homestead.com/drug.html

They may do more "boating," but I would hesitate to say they do more
"sailing." In these parts, however, it's the Lund and Alumacraft owners who
do more boating than anyone else.

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Jun 3, 6:25 pm, "KLC Lewis" wrote:
"Ed Gordon" wrote in message

8...

[...]

I like the concept of the Mac26 because Mac26 owners REALLY do more
things with their boats than most displacement hull sailboats ( I own
a displacemnt keel sailboat). Furthermore, the Mac26 concept appeals
to many people who do not want to pay absurd amounts to keep a
displacement boat at a slip. Such people want to sail if they feel
like it but they also want to use the motor to go interesting places.
They do not care if it sails optimally or if it motors optimally,
optimal performance is not the point, optimal use IS.
Two years ago, I realized that my 8.5M S2 (8700 lbs) would not take me
all the cool places I wanted to go, generally shallow water or simply
too far away to go for a couple days, I built a 20' Tolman Skiff power
boat. The sailboat is for sailing or serious cruising, the powerboat
is for getting somewhere in a hurry. The Mac26 combines these
features in a reasonable package.
Since I am now seriously into boat building, I wonder if there is an
available design for a homebuilt marineply/glass and epoxy version of
a hull that can plane but can have water ballast for sailing, probably
with a gaff rig to avoid stays. I considered Michalak's "Cormorant"
for this but it really isnt intended for planing.

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 23:04:37 +0200 (CEST), Ed Gordon
wrote this crap:

You might want to poke fun at Macgregors but you've got to admit Mac
owners just have more fun and do more sailing than any other group.

They have to. Those POS's are slow, it takes them forever to get
anywhere.

This post is 100% free of steroids
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Some Putz's think a mini fun is ''fast & fun'', doesn't mean
that they are.
.. same-same.

SBV

8...

http://www.sailingbreezes.com/Sailin...Current/Sailfe
st/sailfestp
hotos.htm

And it's not like you'd ever want to but if you did decide

to sell your
Mac you'd be able to sell it in a minute.

http://www.sailingtexas.com/smacgregor26xq.html

Look at the selling price. It's about what he paid new for

it. And it's
a 2001 model. Six years old and still selling for new

prices. Ya gotta
luv a Mac.

Cheerio,
Ed Gordon
http://www.egordon873.homestead.com/drug.html

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Horses for courses, as they say. Loads of people love their pontoon boats,
and for sheer deckspace you'd be hard-pressed to beat one. They can be fast,
and can pull right up onto a beach if you want. I see no real reason why
someone couldn't, if they wanted to, rig a pontoon boat with a tabernacled
mast and lee boards, and turn it into a rather capable sailing cat.

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Horvath wrote in news:46634924$0$1341
:

wrote this crap:

You might want to poke fun at Macgregors but you've got to admit Mac
owners just have more fun and do more sailing than any other group.

They have to. Those POS's are slow, it takes them forever to get
anywhere.

This post is 100% free of steroids

You took too many of those steroids. That's probably why there ain't
none left for your post.

And, if you think a Mac26X is slow I got news for you. Better check
between your legs first though because you gotta be an innie not an
outtie. Ha ha ha ha!

Did you notice how they don't allow Mac26s in the Americas Cup race?
It's because they could cheat and use their motor and go about twice as
fast as those million dollar skinny boats. So don't tell me a Mac is
slow. It just ain't so.

I might have dissociative identity disorder but that doesn't mean I'm
stupid.