BoatBanter.com

-   -   1880 Whale print (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/80887-re-1880-whale-print.html)

Joe May 23rd 07 02:56 PM

1880 Whale print

On May 23, 8:23 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
The yard salesman must love to see you coming. Impulse buyer!

Nice print and not silly at all.

RB
35s5
NY

Silly may not be the proper term..un-realistic is better.

Yard sales are a blast. Terry picked up 4 de-morgan fireplace tiles
for 2 bucks
last summer. Sold on ebay for over 3K IIRC. Also a Tamaya sextant for
20 bucks.
Many years ago she found me a Hamilton Gimbled Chronometer for
25cents. Did have to get new hands made for it, but it's worth a few
grand.

http://landandseacollection.com/site...cseopn2008.jpg

With one of the largest concentrations of boats in the world in this
area, we find lots of great boat gear at yardsales. Spot lights, sea
anchor, solar vents, hardware, mahogany, teak, sails, line, paint,
fenders, outboards ect.ect.ect. Also we find lots of vintage NASA
stuff. I have a huge stack of vintage Apollo 13 postcards and patches
from every mission.

Joe