posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Shipyard Pictures

Red bottoms not bad, even though we ordered black
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/203...63212926pHGwrs

Welding
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/274...63212926uUBmrn

Lots of light and air in the stern cabin (my office)
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/202...63212926rEosEI

Strong as a battleship
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/205...63212926eSPzLW

Bow Ports
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/284...63212926JCMatQ

Stern
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/254...63212926pGcEvg

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I always made fun of your boat because of the ridiculously large windows.
Now it is a real ship and built like a battleship. Great job!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 20, 8:03 pm, "Bob Crantz" wrote:
I always made fun of your boat because of the ridiculously large windows.
Now it is a real ship and built like a battleship. Great job!

Thanks Bob, It's real nice to be able to open all the ports and have
a nice breeze.
But this is the time of year when the AC's are at full blast.. so the
ports will be dogged for a few mo's until fall.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
JR JR is offline

That's a great looking boat with a lot of character Joe.
I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.
Regards,
JR

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 20, 8:03 pm, "Bob Crantz" wrote:
I always made fun of your boat because of the ridiculously large windows.
Now it is a real ship and built like a battleship. Great job!

Thanks Bob, It's real nice to be able to open all the ports and have
a nice breeze.
But this is the time of year when the AC's are at full blast.. so the
ports will be dogged for a few mo's until fall.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

What do you do in the extremely hot weather
when underway? Do you have a generator for AC?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 21, 10:31 am, Bart wrote:
What do you do in the extremely hot weather
when underway? Do you have a generator for AC?

Yes, an air cooled 2 Cly 12HP Lister 7.5 KW. It powers everything
aboard with a bit to spare.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/230...63212926OGssit

http://www.oceanmarine.com/misc%20images/tcm12.jpg

It has a 30" cast iron squirrel cage like blower that keeps it, and
the engine room as cool as it is outside.

See the big 8" duct here in this picture
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/242...63212926AEgQPt

That carries the hot air out and dumps it behind the wheelhouse.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 21, 9:00 am, "JR" wrote:
That's a great looking boat with a lot of character Joe.
I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.
Regards,
JR

Why thank you JR. I enjoy her all the time.
As for the character... she has charm, and sails with grace and speed.

What kind of Ford truck do you have?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 22, 3:02 pm, "MMC" wrote:
Great looking boat!
MMC"Joe" wrote in message

You're making me blush....but I said the same thing the first time I
saw her.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
JR JR is offline

Had 2 Ford Pick-ups. A '72 F100, and an 85 F-150 XLT lariat.
with 2 Chevy sht bx's in between. The Family got bigger and went to a FS
Blazer and now drive a GMC Yukon to tow the boat (Matilda 20). The pickups
were 2x4 and a bit light in the rear end to come up the launch ramp well.
The Blazer and Yukon do quite well.

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...